LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Monday, March 1, 2010

It's March!!!

Happy March 1st everyone! March means four things. One, it's soon to be March Madness time! Love March Madness! Everything from filling out the brackets, to watching non-stop basketball, to cheering on my beloved Spartans! Here's hoping my Spartans can get it together and play hard these next few weeks and make it to the Final Four! Hopefully the win over #3 Purdue yesterday is the push they needed to get going again in the "win" category.

Two, March means St. Patty's Day on the 17th. So you better get ready to wear your green, act like your Irish even if you're not, and oh yeah... drink a green beer!!! I love St. Patty's Day! Such a fun day to celebrate, not only the holiday, but a birthday if you're me! Which brings me to number three on my list of "March means four things."

Number three, in case you haven't heard... it's BIRTHDAY MONTH! Woo hoo! Now that the birthday month has arrived I'm feeling a little better about this turning 35. Come on March 17th the countdown is on!!!! Greg hates it that I start in so early about my birthday, but I just love my birthday. My birthday being on St. Patrick's Day couldn't fit me better. I really can't imagine if my birthday were on a different day. I think it's cool my little guy and I both have holiday birthdays! So fun!

Today kicked off the birthday celebration a little early. Greg had to take him car to Holland today. Long story, but we've been very pleased with the service from the dealership and they're fixing an oil leak we discovered plus doing some other work for free. The car won't be done until Thursday or Friday so they gave Greg a rental car for the week. Anyway since he had to head that way today, the kids and I hung out at my mom's while he took his car. Then when he was done we all went to lunch to celebrate my birthday early because my mom is going to be out of town on my birthday. We tried a new place in GR that I had heard about from a friend on FB. I'm a huge fan of On The Border which is where I was going to pick, but I thought since we don't get to GR often I'd switch it up and try this other Mexican place called El Arriero. It was pretty good, and I'm glad we tried it, but I still like On The Border the best. Thanks to my mom for the birthday lunch and the kids had fun playing at Grandma's.

So with that said, the birthday countdown is now posted on the side of the blog, and I was delighted to see such a sunny day to start out the month of March which brings me to number four... SPRING. Let's hope that the weather today is an indication that spring is right around the corner! Once again, happy March. It's going to be a busy month I know already, and I can't believe how many people I know now that have birthdays in March! It's crazy! You'll be hearing lots of birthday wishes this month!

No comments:

Post a Comment