LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

It's My St. Patty's Day Birthday!!!

Have you heard the news? It's my birthdaaaaaay! I'm sure you know by now that I just love the day my birthday is on. Seriously, what a great day to have a birthday on St. Patrick's Day! It's just fun to see everybody celebrating the day and to see all the GREEEEEEEN! Love it, love it, love it! The weather today was beautiful for March. It was 65 degrees and sunny! I really couldn't ask for it to be any nicer today. Okay, maybe 70, but hey my mom is in Florida and it was only 67 there so 65 in Michigan in March is great!

The morning started off great with a "Happy Birthday" from the hubby. Then when I went in Em's room this morning to get her up she said, "Happy Birthday Mommy!" Awwww, my heart melted. My little guy sang "Happy Birthday" to me when he got up. He did such a great job! I made the kids green milk for breakfast this morning and they thought that was the coolest! I tried to make them green eggs, but they wanted cereal. I had me some Lucky Charms to start my day! My cell phone was blowing up with texts today with facebook messages from everyone wishing me a "Happy Birthday" on my facebook page. I really felt the love today and it was super nice for so many people to think of me. Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes, it really meant a lot! I'm very lucky to have some great friends and family!

The plan today was to go to lunch with Greg and the kids before we took Evan to school and then to dinner tonight with some friends. We were going to go to the Noodle Company to use my free birthday entree coupon, but our plans got postponed when I got a call from Greg saying he wouldn't be free for lunch and I needed to take Evan to school. Someone got laid off at his work today, and he had to take over the assignment since the other guy wasn't going to be there. I admit I was bummed that we couldn't go to lunch, but I'm also very thankful that he has a job. We'll do lunch another day this week and just extend the birthday celebration. Nothing wrong with that, right? Instead after I dropped Evan off at school I treated myself to McAlister's Deli for lunch and used my birthday coupon I had for there. I brought it home and shared with Emme.

Greg did get out of work a little early and he picked up Evan for me. When they got home we headed out a little early to Bennigan's for dinner. We were meeting our friend Brenda, and our friends the Marr's there at 6pm. I figured we'd go early to get our name in because I was sure they'd be getting busy. Then I had planned to run to Target during our wait time. On our way there Liana called and Rich had a little accident at the skate park with Veronica and she was heading to the ER. His back gave out or something and he couldn't move and they weren't sure what was wrong. He ended up getting some x-rays and that was the last we heard because when Greg talked to Rich he was waiting for the results. Hopefully everything turns out o.k. We got to Bennigan's around 5pm, and they weren't super busy yet and they said we'd probably be fine around 6pm with that many people. I asked if I could put my name in and the girl was asking someone else if they could take names. He said no, but we shouldn't have much of a wait. I told them it was my birthday and the girl says, "Well in that case of course we'll take your name... a St. Patty's Day birthday, that's awesome!" I love getting the preferential treatment! We ended up having a nice dinner with Brenda and her daughter. I had a couple green beers so I was happy. Although I had a headache since 2 o'clock and knew the beer wouldn't help (and it didn't) I still couldn't pass up my green birthday beer! It was tasty! Check out my green beer. So cool!


On the way home we picked up some shamrock shakes for dessert. Of course I had to have a shamrock shake on my birthday! The kids enjoyed their shake too! I had a great birthday and thanks to my wonderful kids for wishing me "Happy Birthday" all day! My birthday is even more special these days with my two lucky charms in my life. Here they are all decked out in green today!


Giving each other some St. Patty's Day lovin'.

A kiss for good luck today!

I'm officially in Club 35 now! Boy, I'm getting old! Now the big birthday is about over and it's another year until it's time to celebrate again! Thanks again to everyone for the birthday cards, presents, and birthday wishes. Thanks to Greg's mom for the Ukai birthday dinner last night. It's been a great week so far! I hope you all wore your green today, and I'll finish this by wishing you all a Happy St. Patty's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment