LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Time To Get Caught Up

Here I am readers! Time for me to get caught up since I haven't blogged since Tuesday. I've been a little busy working on a project that's taking longer than I thought. On Wednesday I started cleaning out my cupboards. I'm talking really cleaning. It's been on my to-do list for awhile, and my friend Ann had talked about how she was tackling her cupboards a few weeks ago. I thought that was going to be my push to really get going, but then a couple weeks went by. Finally on Wednesday I went at it. I started taking everything out of the cupboards, wiping them out, washing everything that doesn't get used that often (the everyday stuff I figured was pretty clean since it gets put in the dishwasher often). Then I weeded through stuff to see what I wanted to get rid of and started a garage sale box. Finally what I wanted to keep went back into the cupboards. I started off by doing a few cupboards at a time thinking I'd be done in a couple days. Well by Friday, I almost finished. I've just got the pantry cupboard left. I've done all the others plus the drawers so I think I've done pretty good. I can't believe how dirty cupboards get when the doors are shut 99.9% of the time. Seriously there was dust like I couldn't believe. Now they're all nice and clean, all organized, and I've got a full box of stuff for the garage sale. I found baby bowls in there that should have been gone a long time ago. They were the kind that suction to the high chair. Seriously, no wonder the cupboards were a mess. It feels good to have them done, well almost. I don't think the pantry one will take to long. It's mostly organized already and it's just a matter of taking everything out and wiping the shelves down and then putting everything back in. I'm glad I finally tackled that project and it feels good to make some progress. Now I'm going to have to find a new project to tackle. It won't be hard believe me, I've got many on my list!

Now to the serious stuff that's been happening over the past two days! My beloved SPARTANS!!! A win on Friday over Northern Iowa meant a trip to the Elite 8 and even better was a win this afternoon over Tennessee which means a trip to the FINAL FOUR!!!! Woooo Hoooo! I'm so proud of our team for playing their hearts out and making it this far with all the injuries they've incurred. What a great day to be a Spartan!!! Our friend Brenda came over to watch the game and Greg made this awesome taco dip. We had this taco dip kit thing we bought awhile back and have been waiting to find a time to use it. Finally today was the perfect time so I asked Greg if he'd make it. He did a great job and it came out delicious! Check it out!


It made a ton, but it was delish! The only problem is that it's from a kit with different packages of spices combined with fresh ingredients, etc. so I can't give you a recipe, but believe me it was yummy! The hubs and the kids even helped me clean this morning which was nice. I think Brenda should come over more often then we have a clean house! Haha! Now we're all waiting for 9 o'clock to roll around. It's a family outing for us tonight at the Breslin Center. There's a pep rally to welcome the team back so we're going to go partake in the excitement. Last year just Evan and Greg went, but I'm not missing out this year so Em gets to go to and stay up a little late tonight! Six Final Fours in the last twelve years! Better yet three Final Fours in the last six years! And to top that... back to back Final Fours last year and this year! Indy here come the Spartans!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment