LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Great End To A Great Week!

Wow what a week it's been! I've had a great birthday week and I couldn't have asked for it to end any better. More on that in a moment. Here's a little recap of the past few days. On Friday I finally got to have my belated birthday lunch and Noodles & Co. Mmmm so yummy! I just love that place! Then Friday night brought about some Spartan basketball. We chilled at home Friday evening and made a pizza, had a beer, and watched the Spartans win in the first round of the tournament against New Mexico State. It was a little to close for my liking, but a win is a win and I'll take it. I love my Spartan basketball!

Saturday we woke up to SNOW! Seriously, only in Michigan people! Ugh. I'm so done with winter and got used to this nice warm 60+ degree weather. I'm really hoping that was the last of it. Just a dusting to cover the ground, but more than I'd like at this time of year nonetheless. As of yesterday it is officially spring, so come on spring stick around! Saturday afternoon we watched some b-ball and then Greg and I went to the Lansing Home & Garden Show. I scored some free tickets from Lansing Mom's Like Me so we figured we'd check it out. It was o.k., but didn't really find much there. We want to put a patio in this summer and were hoping to find a couple places to talk to, but there wasn't really anyone there for what we're looking to do. I was glad I didn't pay to go, but since it was free I can't complain. Saturday night can you take a guess what we did? Yep, more basketball! Oh I love March Madness!!!

On Sunday we ran a couple errands then got home in time to watch the Spartans take on Maryland in the second round of the tourney. Good good game! The Spartans pretty much had it in the bag most of the game, but come second half which happens often with Big Ten teams in the tourney when they're ahead the calls started going against the Green & White. Bad calls refs, bad calls! With 6.6 seconds Maryland scored and went ahead by one. The Spartans hustled down the court and rallied with a 3 point by Korie Lucious to win the game. Spectacular basketball and while these games are stressing me out being nail biters to the end, it's what March Madness is all about. Now can you see why I couldn't have asked to a better end to my birthday week? A trip for my Spartans to the Sweet 16 was a perfect way to end the birthday week! Not to mention that it was also bunco night so that was also a fun way to end the week. My friend Liana across the street was hostess this month and she had "Gift Card Madness" bunco. Bring $5 to play and a $5 gift card of your choice. I of course brought a gift card to Noodles! While I didn't win big money this time or a big bunco prize, I did end up with my own Noodles gift card to bring home so I was happy. There was lots of stealing of the baby bunco prizes this time and the Noodle gift card kept getting passed around, but in the end I won it! Yippeeee, another trip to Noodles is in my future. Thanks Liana for hostessing. The theme was great and the food was delicious! It's been a great week despite the little cough and sore throat I've been battling the past couple days. I'm hoping it travels on soon and I get better. Waking up in the morning with a sore throat is no fun! I'm looking forward to seeing the 50 degree weather heading our way this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment