LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Thursday, March 18, 2010

March Madness Has Begun

It's hoops time! B-ball from noon until midnight as the NCAA Men's Basketball Tourney has officially started today. That means the brackets are in place and it's time to watch the upsets, nail biter games, and the blowouts in each round of the tourney. I like basketball during the regular season (mainly MSU b-ball), but I love this time of year when it's basketball fever! The first four days of the tourney are the best when you're watching one game and then it's halftime and they switch to another game and it's back and forth all night. Very little breaks and all basketball! It's fun to see the upsets unless it's your bracket taking a beating. Then it's not so cool. It's great to see your team win and keep advancing in the tournament, but it stinks big time when they lose and are knocked out.

My Spartan hoops play their first game tomorrow night, While I'm not expecting them to play for the national championship like I was thinking at the beginning of the year, I am hoping they'll advance a couple rounds and make me proud. Play hard Spartans, play hard! I'm hoping teams like Duke, Kansas, Kentucky, Florida St. and Florida lose early. Which Florida did lose earlier today so that was good. I can't stand Florida teams and I really can't stand Duke basketball. They're way overrated as a #1 seed this year and they play absolutely no one so they're more than likely to make the final four which just plain stinks!

I've got three brackets going and they're all just for fun. I'm bound to get some of the picks right in each because I pick different teams to win. I've been on a roll the past few years beating Greg in the brackets so we'll have to wait and see if I can do it again this year. I feel a little guilty picking against my Spartans after a couple rounds, but I'm just not feeling it this year. This is one time I'd love to be wrong and have my Spartans surprise me (fingers crossed). There's been a few upsets already today in this first day of play, as well as some really close games, and a couple of OT games. I'm hoping my brackets don't turn to red by the end of the night. Looking forward to some great games ahead and overdosing on some basketball over the next few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment