LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

My Shopping Buddy

Today after I dropped Evan off at school, Emmaline and I had some errands to run. Before we left the house, Emmaline had to make sure she took her purse with her. She kept saying, "I take my purse like mommy." She got her shoes on, put her coat on, grabbed her purse and put it up on her shoulder. Then she said to me, "Like this mom, up here, mommy do like this?" She wanted to make sure she was carrying her purse right just like me.

When I was getting Evan ready for school I realized his spring coat from last year didn't exactly fit anymore. The sleeves were pretty much 3/4 sleeves and the length was, let's just say not so lengthy. So Em and I headed to Children's Place to see if we could find him a new spring coat. I had picked up one for her awhile back, but couldn't find one for Ev at the time. When we got out of the car Em wanted to take her purse. I knew how bad she wanted to be like mommy so I went with it and told her she could. I said she had to carry it the whole time, I wasn't going to and she couldn't set it down anywhere. She said, "O.k. mommy." Here's my sweet little Emmaline carrying her purse into the store ready to shop.

She was doing this all on her own. She didn't even know I was taking her picture until I told her to turn around to take this photo. Isn't she adorable? All the customers in the store were just giddy over how cute she was being. It really was the cutest thing.

Do you see what her shirt says? "I was born to $hop." The funny thing is I had this outfit picked out last night before I even decided we were going to run errands today. She was also dressed way before she decided to take her purse shopping when we left. I think the saying fits her well! Here she is helping me check out. She had to hold some items pretending she was going to pay with her "credit card" (used gift cards she carries in her wallet that she calls credit cards).


Oh my little girl is growing up to fast wanting to carry a purse. I don't think I even knew what a credit card was at the age of two! The good news is we did find Evan a new spring coat (Em is holding it) and Evan liked what we picked out for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment