LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Sleep Or Should I Say Lack Of Sleep

Wow, it's been a long day and all I really want to do is crawl in bed and go to sleep. However, I feel like I need to blog because it's been a couple days, and I don't want to neglect my faithful readers, although sometimes I wonder if you're reading because the comments have been slipping lately. I know some of you do read faithfully, but don't comment. I've had another migraine today, which if you're on Facebook you've heard I've had a lot of them lately. It started about 1pm and is still with me. Ugh! It's especially not a good thing when I really feel like I'm lacking some sleep lately. This time change has been in effect for over a week now and for some reason I just can't get adjusted. First I was staying up late for the Olympics, then the time changed and while the clock was saying midnight my mind & body was telling me it was only 11pm. Then Thursday, Friday, and Saturday I was staying up late watching basketball. Plus over the last few days I haven't been sleeping well and it's catching up with me. I've had a hard time falling asleep at night. Then once I finally do fall asleep, I've been waking up in the middle of the night tossing and turning and am wide awake not able to fall back to sleep for like an hour or two later. Then when it's time to get up in the morning I'm so tired and all I want to do is stay in bed, but I know if I don't get up and moving I'm going to have a messed up day. Thankfully my kids aren't up too early, but it still doesn't allow me to sleep the morning away. I'm really hoping that I get a good nights sleep here really soon!

Tonight we had Kindergarten info night for East Lansing schools. It was kind of weird going to it, thinking my little guy is going to be starting kindergarten in the fall. I'm not sure how I feel about that right now, mixed feelings. It just doesn't seem possible that he will be in kindergarten already. Most of you know, but for those of you that don't... we're actually Lansing school district even though we live in East Lansing. The boundaries are really weird where we live. Most of our neighborhood is East Lansing schools, but phase three is Lansing schools. The house across the street from us is East Lansing school district, but we're Lansing school district. We have an East Lansing address, but live in Clinton County although most of East Lansing is Ingham County. Are you following me? I know it's weird! We pay Lansing property taxes which is nice since the house across the street pays about $1000 more a year in property taxes. However now that we're about to send our first little one off to school we have to go the schools of choice route because we really don't want him going to Lansing schools. We knew when we built that our property was zoned Lansing schools, but we were told that by the time Evan was in school it would more than likely be East Lansing schools. Well, that hasn't happened and that's a whole other topic in itself about things promised when we built. Anyway, it is what it is and now we're opting to do schools of choice for Evan in hopes that he'll get into East Lansing schools. I'm saying my prayers and keeping my fingers crossed. They won't announce until the end of May how many openings and then there's like a 15 day period when you can apply for schools of choice. Then they do a lottery, and you hope your name gets picked. It's not a first come first served basis so you really have no control over it. So while we don't know for sure that Evan will be going to East Lansing we still thought we should go check out the kindergarten info meeting. It was good to get some info and now we just have to wait until we hear how many openings. Wish us luck! Now it's definitely time for bed. I sure hope it's a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment