LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Friday, March 5, 2010

It's The Weekend!

Wow this week flew by! Holy cow almost a week of March is done. Greg got his car back finally today. They fixed the oil leak and did some other maintenance work on it and ended up being $1800 worth of work and it only cost us $125. Greg had taken it to the Subaru dealer here in town last week for a used car inspection, and they recommended at 105,000 miles to change the timing belt. It's something that should be done because if it's not and some thing goes wrong it would do a lot of damage and be costly. They told Greg it would be about $800 to have it done. Thank goodness we've got some time and that's down the road. However when Greg dropped off the car on Monday, after they looked at it the guy mentioned the same thing and recommended changing the timing belt. Then he said since he's got to take the engine apart for the other stuff he'd do the timing belt free of labor charge and all we had to pay for was the part which was $100. Greg immediately jumped in with a yes go ahead. $100 sounded a lot better now than $800 down the road after he puts 5000 miles on the car. Then they ended up putting new spark plugs in because the car needed them soon so those were only $25. So in the end we were quite pleased with the service we got in Elhart in Holland, and know we definitely picked the right dealer to buy the car from. Definitely worth our drive there a couple of times!

So now that we have Greg's car back, now it's time for mine to go in on Monday. Last Saturday when I went to GR for my party my check engine light came on. Lovely, I thought... or NOT! At least I know it's covered because my car is only two years old so whatever it is will be under warranty. We think it's a defective thermostat so hopefully it shouldn't take to long to get done and I'll have my car back Monday night.

Enough car talk, I know it's not that exciting, but hey it's what's going on at the Shearwater Nest. Now that it's the weekend we started it off with a playdate this afternoon at a friend of Evan's. Emmaline went too sine Evan's friend Baleigh has a little brother about Em's age. They all had fun playing together. Then tomorrow Em has a playdate with her friends so that should be a fun afternoon. I've got some things to get done around the house this weekend and I'm not sure what Sunday holds yet, but I've got some things in mind. We'll see how the weekend plays out. Now I'm off to bed since it's late and I'm tired. Before I go though I'd like to wish our neighbor Liana very HAPPY BIRTHDAY. Hope you had a good one Liana! Also, I wasn't caught up on Ann's blog yesterday and after reading this morning, I found out it was her husbands birthday yesterday. So a belated Happy Birthday to Jason! I told you it was March Birthday Madness!

No comments:

Post a Comment