LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Back From Africa

Today my mom came to visit. She just returned from her trip to South Africa on Friday so this was the first time we've seen her since she got back. Evan had talked to Grandma on the phone the other day and she told him that she had some presents for him. So of course this morning when I told Evan that Grandma was coming today he couldn't wait to get his present! When my mom arrived the kids saw the bags and were just itching to see what was inside. Of course I made them wait because mommy had to get the camera ready! Here are the kids opening their gifts Grandma got them from Africa!

Emmaline got a cute little backpack with a lion on it & a t-shirt with different animals.


Evan opened this cool orange t-shirt with a bunch of animals on it. It's perfect because he loves anything orange!


Then he started to open the second present and I could tell from the look on his face he knew what it was...

...an African drum! Evan was in his glory! He was hoping Grandma got him a drum. Good call Mom, he LOVES it!


Of course he had to start playing it right away! One happy boy right here!


My mom also brought Greg & I back a bowl and I got a bracelet as well. Thanks mom for all the gifts. We're sure to enjoy all of them! Here's all our wonderful goodies from Africa!


While my mom was here we spent most of the afternoon looking through her pictures, and I helped her get them all loaded on the computer and sent to Walgreens so she could get them printed up. (My mom is a little digital camera/computer challenged so that's why I had to help her. LOL!) She took over 200 pictures and I sorted through the bad one's, edited some of them, and finally got them all sent to Walgreens so she can pick them up tomorrow. The pictures were spectacular, the places she visited were absolutely beautiful, and the animals were amazing! Here's a few photos I thought I'd share!




Yes, readers those animals were that close to where my Mom was taking pictures. She went on a few Safari excursions and said the animals would be right next to the Jeep. Amazing! I can't even imagine it! Looks like it turned out to be a wonderful trip. Glad you and Margaret had a great time, Mom!

After my mom left this afternoon, Evan decided that he was going to have "African School Time." Yes, that's my Evan always using his imagination and coming up with such fun ideas! He already had his new shirt on, gathered his drum, his sister's backpack and headed off to "school." He used Em's little stroller to tote around some of the school items. Check him out here!

Evan off to "African school"

Here's all the school items he gathered. He went around collecting all his and Em's toys that would relate to Africa- giraffes, elephants, zebras, hippos, his African drum, and much more. Quite the imagination I'd say and he did an awesome job correlating the toys to Africa I thought!

I think I may have a future tourist on my hands who may be interested in visiting Africa. Anyone want to throw a free trip my way?

Another shout out today... this time to Em's friend Madeleine who also turns two today! Happy Birthday Madeleine! Hope you had a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment