LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Monday, August 31, 2009

Meatball Pops

Tonight, I didn't feel like cooking really so I decided to try this quick and easy recipe I got in my inbox last week from Pillsbury. They're called meatball pops! They're listed as an appetizer, but since I used a larger size can of biscuits and more meatballs it was definitely enough to fill us up! They were very delicious! I tweaked the recipe a little so I'll give you both versions. Here's the recipe from Pillsbury.com

INGREDIENTS
1can (10.2 oz) Pillsbury® Grands!® refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
1/3cup shredded Monterey Jack or Cheddar cheese
10refrigerated or frozen cooked beef meatballs, thawed
1/4cup LAND O LAKES® Butter, melted
2/3cup finely crushed seasoned croutons
10large appetizer picks or lollipop sticks, if desired
1 1/2
cups tomato pasta sauce, heated


DIRECTIONS

Heat oven to 375°F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper, or spray with CRISCO® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray.
Separate dough into 5 biscuits. Split each biscuit to make 10 rounds. Press out each biscuit half to form 3-inch round.
.Sprinkle each biscuit round with cheese to within 1/2 inch of edge.
Top each with meatball. Bring up sides of dough over meatball; pinch edges to seal.
Brush rounded tops and sides of dough with butter; coat with croutons. Place, seam side down, on cookie sheet.

Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.

Place appetizer pick in each biscuit-wrapped meatball to form meatball pop. Serve with warm pasta sauce for dipping.

My Tweaks:

- I used a 16.3oz can of Grands Reduced Fat Biscuits since that's all I had, which is an 8 count so you end up with 16 when you split them. (So you'll need 16 meatballs)
- I didn't measure the cheese, as I never do.
- I just used a small jar of spaghetti sauce
- Instead of croutons I used plain bread crumbs (Greg doesn't like croutons). Some of them I left plain without and bread crumbs
- I wasn't fancy so I didn't put them on the picks!

Everyone in the family liked them, including the kids so we'll definitely be making them again. Next time I'm going to try them with mozzarella cheese and Italian bread crumbs! Mmmmm! Here's a picture of them (from the Pillsbury site)! Mine didn't come out that perfect looking, but they were still good!

No comments:

Post a Comment