LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Friday, August 28, 2009

Home Sweet Home

Today we headed back home and it felt good to get home. The ride wasn't the most pleasant with rain the whole way and a ton of traffic, but at least the kids were good in the car! Em fell asleep right away when we got on the road and Evan watched a DVD. I had to stop about 40 minutes into the drive though because I had drank too much before we left and had to relieve the bladder. I really didn't want to since Em was sleeping, but I had over an hour drive left. It was a quick stop and got right back on the road in hopes of Em falling back to sleep. Well, she almost did fall back to sleep as she gazed out the window with very heavy eyes. However, it didn't happen and she ended up staying awake. Evan continued watching the rest of his movie and Em ended up watching it too. I can't complain though that she didn't nap because both kids were good, and when I got home I took her right up to bed and she slept for 2 1/2 hours!

Tonight was bunco night so that meant girl's night for me! My friend Missy (the one who had the bachelorette party) was hosting bunco this month. It was "End of the summer" bunco although it felt more like fall! We had to bring a summer themed gift. I didn't win any of the baby bunco gifts or any money at bunco tonight, but I did get a big bunco and won a table prize! I got this salad cookbook below, a cd, and some veggies from Missy's garden! My friend Carla was the big bunco winner and won money for most wins and most big buncos, got three baby bunco prizes, as well as a table prize!


While we were away from home some new pets arrived at the house. Greg said he heard Molly with something Wed. night when he let her out. He couldn't see anything in the dark, but Thursday morning he went out to look and saw a baby bunny. He didn't see a nest or anything so he moved the baby out of the fence part. Then he fed Molly and let her back out and she managed to find the nest because there were two more baby bunnies that were in the yard. She had pulled them out with her paws he thought. He looked around and still didn't see a nest. He didn't see the mommy rabbit anywhere around and couldn't leave them in the yard or Molly would really get them. So he took them down the road a little and put them in the empty field.

Later that morning he texted me to tell me about it. I told him he couldn't leave the babies out in the field. They weren't going to survive. He said they were so new that they couldn't eat anything and really needed their mom to nurse. They didn't even have their eyes open yet. When I heard that I knew for sure they wouldn't make it for long. So he said he'd check on them at lunch when he came home. At lunch time he checked around, didn't see anything and let Molly out. Believe it or not she found ANOTHER baby bunny. Greg heard it squealing and went out and saw it in the yard. Finally he found the nest. It was in some plant dug down in the ground next to the garage. So he decided he'd go get the other three bunnies and this fourth one and put in a box to take care of them. We really have no experience taking care of bunnies and they wouldn't eat anything so I told him to try and call Animal Control or the Humane Society. They referred him to this place in Eaton Rapids (about 20 miles from here) called the Wildside Rehabilitation Center. He got all the bunnies in the box and loaded them into the car and headed out there. I wish I could've seen it! Greg driving and the bunnies in the box sitting on his front seat! When he got out there it was just someone's house to his surprise. This lady cares for animals that need help and once they're ready to be on their own she lets them go. One of the bunnies had a gash on it's back from Molly's paw, but she seemed to think it would survive and that all four would be o.k. I'm so proud of my husband for his good duty for the day and taking care of these newborn bunnies. Unfortunately that means that the momma bunny is without her babies, but at least they'll all survive now. We couldn't leave them in the yard or Molly would keep getting them and Greg's pretty sure Molly scared the momma away anyway. I'll leave you with a picture of the cute little bunnies in the box!

No comments:

Post a Comment