LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Thursday, August 6, 2009

My Helper Is Gone

This week went by too fast and my helper had to leave and go home today. Last night we hit up the Tasty Twist for some ice cream since it was Kaite's last night here. I thought I'd take her for a little treat for all her help! She likes the Tasty Twist here so it was a good treat! Since it turned out to be such a nice day, ice cream hit the spot! Here are the cousins eating their ice cream.


Check out Em's outfit! Monday when I cleaned the basement I found a tub of clothes that were Kaite's that my sister gave me a long time ago should I ever have a girl. This was one of the items I pulled out. Kaite & I were cracking up over it because she was like, "Did I wear that when I was little?" Sure enough she had. It's not horrible, but a little dated. It's good enough to wear for ice cream and get all stained up right? Actually it's from Gymboree so it must of been in style back in 1998!

Then today I had to meet my sister in Kzoo after she got out of work to drop Kaite off. It's about half way for both of us so it worked out good. On our way we stopped by my friend Marie's to have a mini playdate with the kids. I don't think I've told you, but Marie and her husband Jim are Evan and Emmaline's Godparents. So it's always nice to be able to visit them. We hadn't made it to Bellevue this summer to her house so it was nice to break up the drive today and let the kids play and Marie and I could catch up! Here's some pics of our time at the Toburen's.

Em thought she'd pretend to nap. (After all, our visit was in the middle of her nap time. However, this lasted long enough for me to snap a pic.)

We went outside for a little bit and here Evan, Kyra, & Connor were setting up the horseshoes.

While Em went down the slide!

We had a nice visit with everyone! Thanks for letting us drop by Toburen's and for giving us the squash, tomato, & green pepper from your garden! From there we headed on to Kzoo and since we got there a little before my sister we stopped into TJ Maxx. I love that store and Marshall's! Sometimes you can't find what you're looking for and other times it's like hitting the jackpot! Well today folks, I hit the jackpot! I found Emme this adorable little MSU cheerleader outfit that ususally sells in the bookstores for $30-$35 for only $10!


I've been wanting to get her one, but didn't want to pay those bookstore prices! I am super excited and can't wait to dress my little Emmaline in it come football season! GO GREEN! GO WHITE! Oh I can see her now cheering on the Spartans in it!

So now that Kaite is back home, I'm on my own during the day and am surely going to miss my extra set of hands. Thanks K for all your help this week and for watching the kids so I could get some things done. I really appreciate it and got some things done I've been wanting to do all summer! You're coming back Sunday, right? LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment