LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Sunday, August 9, 2009

The Conclusion To Our Weekend

Today we ventured out in this heat wave that came upon us and headed downtown E.L. again to the Great Lakes Folk Festival and Farmer's Market. It was hot, but since we didn't have anything else going on we thought we'd take in some more of the bands playing, check out the children's activities (those weren't open on Friday), and use up our last coupon at the Farmer's Market. It wasn't quite as busy as I thought it would be, but after all it was 90+ degrees. We stopped at one of the children's tents and the kids got to do a craft where they made sun visors! They did make those back in May when we went to the Art Fair, but this time the visors were all glittery and sparkly. The kids enjoyed making the visors, and Em showed her visor off for the camera!


We then stopped at Maria's Taco tent for a couple tacos for lunch and sat and listened to some music. From there we headed over to the Farmer's Market and tasted some cheesecake and made our whopping big purchase of sweet corn and zucchini (to go with that squash from my friend Marie). We were deciding between the green beans and sweet corn and Evan chose the sweet corn. He loves sweet corn and come to think of it, I haven't made it at all this summer yet. What is my problem? I can't believe it! A few times I was going to buy it at Meijer, and it didn't look very good. Then I never thought to pick any up any other time. Looks like we'll have to make up and get our fill of sweet corn this month! The kids hung in there as we walked around in the heat and were real troopers. It was very hot out there folks! You didn't even have to move and the sweat started dripping! Gross, I know! The crowd had definitely picked up by the time we left so apparently the heat wasn't keeping people away.

On our way home we made a special stop to cool the kids off. What do you think of when you see this?

That's right readers... Slurpees! Evan has had a Slurpee maybe once or twice, but Emmaline has never tried one so I figured today was a great day to introduce her to them. I remember having Slurpees all the time when I was a kid! I hadn't had one in a really long time either so it hit the spot on this HOT HOT day! Greg and I shared an orange creme, Evan had an orange cream as well, and Emmaline had the apple mango. The orange creme was the best, and the apple mango was pretty good, but it reminded me of an apple jolly rancher so after a few sips it got to be a little much. Emmaline however, enjoyed it and drank quite a bit! Here's the kids on the way home with their Slurpees.


I'm thinking they're going to want to go back again since Evan drank every last drop and was already asking for more! The rest of our day is being spent relaxing inside where it's nice and cool. I'm off to do some of my prep work for Uppercase Living, Em is napping, Evan is playing with puzzles, and Greg is getting hungry watching the Food Network.

No comments:

Post a Comment