LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Em Went to Sleep & More T-Shirts!

As you all know, I've said it before... Em will never go to sleep when we're somewhere else. She apparently loves her crib and her room, and it's the only place she wants to sleep. To refresh your memory, last time I went to my sister's, Em actually fell asleep on the floor in the living room there and took a little nap which was a miracle. However, at bed time she didn't want to go to sleep and wouldn't sleep on the blow up mattress. Well, this time I was really dreading bedtime last night because I just knew she'd fight me on it and not want to go to bed until I did. Plus she'd want to sleep with me. So last night we got the blow up mattress ready put her little pillow on it along with her babies and blankies. Once the bed was all ready I took her in the bedroom gave her a hug and kiss and said it was bedtime. I put her on the mattress and covered her up and walked out of the room and shut the door. I was sure she'd be out in a matter of seconds. I waited, and waited, and waited.... not a peep. After a few minutes I went and peeked in the crack of the door and saw her just laying there staring around the room. O.k., I thought... I'll let her be. A few minutes later I went back again and peeked in and this is what I found.


She was fast asleep! No crying, no fussing, no getting out of bed. She just laid there and fell asleep. This was the easiest it's ever been for Em to go to sleep at Aunt Jen's house. Definitely one to write in the books to remember! She rolled off the mattress a couple times during the night, but I put her right back on and she went right back to sleep! Then this morning I ran a couple of errands. I had to get a bunco gift because tomorrow night is bunco. For those of you that don't know, my sister lives in Edwardsburg. It's about five minutes from the Indiana state line. So if you want to do any shopping you have to go into Indiana to Mishawaka. So I got my errands done and on the way back to my sister's (it's about a 20 minute ride) Em fell asleep. I debated actually whether I should drive around a little so she'd sleep some more or just go back to the house. I decided on going to the house and when I got Em out of the car she woke up a little as I carried her in. I took her right into bed and guess what readers? She went back to sleep, with no problem! Not a peep out of her again! Almost to good to be true! Here she is fast asleep for her nap.


Then came bed time tonight and let's just say I don't have a picture to show you because it wouldn't be a pleasant picture of Em! She was the complete opposite of last night and nap time today. She wanted nothing to do with bed, pillow, blankies, babies, or ANYTHING! She was back to her normal sleep behavior when we're away from home. So yes, the bed time yesterday and nap time today were to good to be true! She finally ended up falling asleep on Aunt Jen's lap and then had to sleep in bed with me once we carried her into the bedroom. Of course that meant I got kicked in the back all night and didn't get a good nights sleep, but it was the only way she was going to bed that night!

The kids got to see Papa & Nana again today and Evan got some more t-shirts from Papa which he was thrilled about! They were t-shirts from the boat races! Here's Evan with one of his new t-shirts! Thanks Papa!


Nana had gone to Target today and picked up some Halloween outfits for the kids. Here's their new outfits and both of Evan's new t-shirts. Thanks Nana! I'm sure we'll get to wear them soon since the weather is turning cold so fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment