LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Sesame Street Live


Today was our big outing to Sesame Street Live at the MSU Breslin Center! To refresh your memory, this was another opportunity given to us by LMLM. A few weeks ago LMLM announced they were giving away free tickets! I jumped on the bandwagon and reserved my tickets. I've been keeping it a secret from the kids since I found out we got tickets. I didn't want to have to hear from Evan, "Is today the day we're going?" over and over and over. So finally yesterday I asked the kids if they'd like to go see Sesame Street. They were both very excited and said, "yes!" Of course all day yesterday Evan kept asking when we were going, and first thing this morning he asked if today was Sesame Street day! I could say "YES" finally!

I got Em up about 8:15am so she could have an early nap and be all ready for our big outing. By 11:30am she was ready to go down for a nap and she fell fast to sleep and woke up at 3pm! Perfect! Greg had to work all day because today was the first day of move in for Freshmen! He had to go around campus with the President of the University shooting video of move in to be posted on the MSU website tomorrow. So after Em woke up from her nap I loaded the kids in the car and off we went to meet daddy at the Breslin Center for Sesame Street Live. Here's my cutie patooties waiting to go in to the show. Em's all decked out in her Elmo shirt (which I discovered when I put on her today... is a little small and won't be fitting her this fall). Thank goodness for a chilly day in August to wear long sleeves! LOL!


We went with some of our neighbors who also got tickets. So it was nice we were all able to sit together! Unfortunately, Em's friend Maddie came down with a really bad stomach virus yesterday and was in the hospital so she didn't get to go along. We missed having her there, but we're glad to hear she's home now. Hopefully she'll be on the mend soon! There's a nasty bug going around everywhere lately it seems! This morning I also found out that our friends, the Toburen's were going so we were hoping to meet up with them there. When we got to our seats I heard someone calling my name. Marie, Kyra, Connor, and Marie's sister Karen were sitting in the section next to us. It wasn't very crowded, as it was the last show of the weekend, so we were able to walk right over and visit with them!

The show was all about using your imagination. The Sesame Street gang sang and danced away to several songs! Elmo and his friends did the hula, surfed, had a fiesta, went to camp, the rain forest, and even played African drums! Emmaline was totally into the show (more so than when I took her to Playhouse Disney in February). She was clapping, dancing, waving bye to Elmo and friends when they went off stage, and having the time of her life! It was so fun to watch her watch the show. Evan enjoyed it as well, but he was in some kind of funk and wasn't being his normal cheery self. I think it was because he couldn't sit by his friend Grace the whole time. He still had fun though so I'm glad we all went! It was much easier having Greg along to help with the kids since I went solo to Playhouse Disney with them! I took a ton of pictures of course so here's a few of them. I posted most of the good one's on Facebook which most of you have access too. For others I'll have to show you another time. I just don't feel like loading all of them on here tonight. So without further ado... here's a few highlights from the show!

It's time for a Fiesta and start dancing!

Elmo, Big Bird, & Abby Cadabby doing the hula!

Elmo & friends with their surfboards... Surfin' USA!

Emmaline totally lovin' the show!

Elmo's World... Elmo loves his goldfish, his crayons too...

Big Bird and friends used their imagination and were in a parade!

We had a great afternoon, and it was the perfect way to spend another chilly August day! Unfortunately, Greg had to rush right back to work after wards, but the three of us were glad daddy could come along! A HUGE thanks to Lansing Moms Like Me for the tickets! We really appreciate it! Stephanie the site manager worked really hard to make this happen for site members so I'm very thankful for the opportunity! I can't wait to take the kids to their next show... whatever it may be!

No comments:

Post a Comment