LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Happy 2nd Birthday Emmaline!

Today sweet little Emmaline turned two! She woke up all smiley and happy! She was a bundle of joy and full of energy! I got her up a little earlier than normal hoping that she would take an early nap and be ready for the party. I knew she wasn't going to get her normal 3-4 hour nap so whatever I could get for her nap time I'd take! Well, Em had other plans and didn't want to go to sleep at 11:30am when I put her down. I think it was finally 45 minutes later she fell asleep off and on. She got maybe an hour or hour and a half nap maybe. I kept hearing her off and on so I'm not sure how much she actually slept.

The party started at 3pm and everything was all ready to go... house decorated, cake made, food prepared, and the birthday girl all dressed in her party dress!

Here's my precious little 2 year old Emmaline
(Those are the 50 cent shoes I got at the Mom2Mom Sale)

Here's some of the decorations! I made the flower pots and
added the polka dots to the red tablecloths.

Here's how the ladybug birthday cake turned out! (My practice one was a little better, but this one wasn't bad for a non-professional cake maker.)

Here's all the grub- Southwest Egg Rolls, Taco Dip, Pigs in a Blanket, Guacamole, Fruit and Cool Whip Dips, Bug Graham Crackers, Cheese & Crackers, and Veggies & Dip (not pictured).

A shout out to my friend Wesley who made the guacamole. I LOVE her guacamole! I've never been a huge guacamole person, but I try it here and there and the first time I had her guac it was yum-o! Thanks Wes! The food was delicious, but of course I made too much. I'm one of those people that is always worried there won't be enough so I want to make sure there's plenty of food for the guests!

The kids had fun playing "Stick the spot on the ladybug." It's like "Pin the tail on the donkey" only with a ladybug and spots. I made a huge ladybug and put spots on it and left a couple blank where the kids (most of them blindfolded) stuck a spot on the ladybug and the closest to the blank spots wins.

Here's the ladybug I made for the game.
Here's the ladybug game after some of the kid's spots got put on.

The kids had fun and I was actually surprised that some of the younger one's wanted to put the blindfold on! They were so cute and knew just what to do! There were only a couple winners since we only had time to play one game, but I made sure all the kids got a goody bag before they went home!

Here's the goody bags I made up for the kids. I bought the bags and then put the dots on the red one's for the girls and the boys got the black bags.

Emmaline got some wonderful presents! Everything from clothes and money, to more clothes and a baby & stroller, to more clothes and a tea set, and books, coloring pad & crayons, puzzle, a pink baseball & mitt, and much more! The party guests were great! We ended up having a good crowd... eight kids and eleven adults! We have wonderful friends and family that helped make Emmaline's 2nd birthday really special! Thanks to everyone who came! Many of her friends made it to the party, but we missed Grandma (who is in Africa) and the Ellis and Gisholt families who could not make it.

It was a fun birthday party for my sweet little Emmaline, and I was really glad I went with the ladybug theme! I thought everything turned out really cute! I was definitely exhausted when it was all over and I thought my little girl would be too. I put her to bed at 7:30pm since she was getting cranky and didn't have a long nap. Well, apparently she thought that was a nap because at 9pm she was up and ready to go, mommy was not! I was glad I had some extra help from my sister and niece since Greg went up to bed early with Evan. Em didn't want to go back to bed until 11:30pm! Here she is hanging out at 11pm not acting tired at all!


Happy 2nd Birthday Emmaline! Mommy, Daddy, and Evan all love you a bunch! Here's a link to some more birthday photos since I had too many to post! Enjoy! Emmaline's Birthday Album

1 comment:

  1. That is the cutest cake EVER! Oh my goodness. If you ever see a ladybug themed party for Sylvia on my blog, I'll be sure to reference that I stole all of my ideas from you! What a cute party you put together!

    ReplyDelete