LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Friday, July 31, 2009

The Ears

Today was another busy day in preparation for the big party! Besides having to make the cake and go to the store to get those final few things, we had a couple outings for Emmaline planned. The morning started out with an appointment to get Em's 2 year pictures taken. Well, as you saw from the "Fun Facts," Emmaline did not cooperate for the pictures. It wasn't all her fault though because we went to Portrait Innovations for pictures and they were running behind so we had to wait like 20 minutes. While we waited Em played with the legos. Then when it was picture time of course all she wanted to do was go back out to the waiting area to play with legos instead of get her picture taken. She wouldn't smile for anything and definitely did not want her picture taken! The people working there weren't of much help either and didn't seem to want to work with us so that didn't help the situation. I mean, if I'm paying for the pics and I know what I want and my daughter isn't cooperating, then don't try to do all these other shots that I'm not going to buy anyway! So needless to say we had to leave and reschedule. We're going back Sunday morning so we'll see if we make any progress! Keep your fingers crossed! I had Em dressed all cute and her hair all done for nothing because we didn't get a single good picture.

Here's Em already to go before we left the house.


As you can see, she wouldn't look at me for the picture so maybe that should've been a hint before we left that the pictures were going to be a bust! So from there we headed home and had lunch and planned to go to the Aquatic Center since my sister and Kaite were here. However, it really wasn't all that warm yet and a little breezy, plus Em was cranky and I thought it would be best if she go down for nap. While she napped I made part one of the cake and made some of the food for the party.

We were planning to go to the Noodle Company for dinner (I've got my sister and niece hooked on that place too.) and then go get Em's ears pierced. Greg had called though and he had to work a little late so my sister, Kaite, Evan, and I took Em to get her ears pierced before dinner. Getting her ears pierced was Em's birthday present from her Aunt Jen and cousin Kaite. Em was all excited when we went in, but the closer it got to the piercing time the crankier she got. Actually she did pretty good, but as the two girls doing the piercing got their hands right by her ears she started to fuss and cry. I was holding her and had to hold her head still and arms down and 1,2,3... it was all done and over with. She cried for a few minutes afterwards, but by the time we got out to the car she was fine and happily enjoying her sucker! She wouldn't let me take her picture though of the newly pierced ears, what a surprise right?

After the little birthday girl was all done and sparkling with her pretty earrings we headed to The Noodle Company for dinner and met Greg. All four of us ate for $5! We were planning to take Em for her birthday dinner since she likes it there, so it worked out perfectly with the coupons! I had a full punch card for a free entree and a coupon for a free entree so it was our lucky day to eat at the Nooodle Place! Of course I had the Indonesian Peanut Saute, as did Greg, and the kids shared a Buttered Noodles. I finally was able to snap a few photos of Em's birthday dinner at the Noodle Place so here you can see her beautiful sparkling earrings!

Here she is with her mouth full of course! She seems to be famous for these shots lately!


Here she is boxing up her noodles she didn't eat!


Finally, here's my sweet little girl posing with her new earrings. We chose the little "diamonds" for her, and I think she looks absolutely adorable with her ears sparkling!


After we got home I had part two of the cake to make, and more party food to make as well. The big day is tomorrow and I'm exhausted already. It will definitely be nice to relax after the party is all over! More to follow on the birthday celebration, soon!

1 comment:

  1. Emmeline looks just beautiful with her new earrings!

    ReplyDelete