LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Monday, July 13, 2009

Bike Shirts

Last week Greg finally got his new bike clothes for the season. His cousin Tony works out in Colorado at Pearl iZUMi, and he and his brother Tom designed the bike clothes for some of the guys that ride together. Since most of the guys are out in Colorado and ride in a different class than Greg they usually all ride together, but Greg was still able to get in on the deal and get the bike clothes too. It took a little longer than expected, but they finally arrived. Here's the jersey.


Then on Saturday we were having dinner with Greg's Mom and his Aunt Rose (Tony's Mom). She was telling Evan that Tony was sending him something in the mail. Of course Evan being four, wanted to know what it was, when it was going to be here, and the list of never ending questions began. I'm thinking, great Evan's going to be asking to check the mail everyday, all day because he doesn't really have a good concept of time. Then being Saturday, no mail Sunday, and coming from Colorado it would probably be like Tuesday or Wednesday before the package would come. Greg & I didn't know about it, but when we heard we could pretty much figure out what it was. Evan being the smarty pants that he is, guessed on the first try what color it was, black. I think you can probably see where I'm going with this. So to our surprise when we got home from dinner I went to get the mail, (I hadn't gotten it earlier since I was doing the Mom2Mom Sale all day) and the package was in the mailbox. I happened to be talking to some friends while I was getting the mail and Evan's telling me, "that's for me, that's for me." Since he was interrupting me, I replied with, "No Ev, it's for mommy" because otherwise he'd want to open it right away. Evan being the smarty pants that he is again says, "Why does it have my name on it then? and spells it out E V A N- Evan!" Oh that kid! So needless to say he took the package in and opened it with Greg and this is what we found...

Yes, that's right, a mini version of Greg's jersey. It's a little long on him and slightly baggy on the sides, but it's the smallest size they make and it works. Evan is totally hyped over his new bike shirt like Daddy's. He immediately whipped off his shirt to put it on. Thanks Tony for getting this for Evan! He definitely LOVES it!

Sunday, Greg went for a ride and when he got back he and Ev went for a little ride around here. Of course Evan had to gear up in his bike shorts and sport his new jersey. Here he is thinking he looks all cool!


He should think that because I thought he looked pretty cool too! He's so cute! What a kid, he's totally like his father! Bikes, bikes, bikes! Evan is already talking about when his next race is. He's ready for him and Daddy to race wearing their matching jerseys. Of course readers, I wouldn't finish this post without a picture of my two favorite bike riders sporting their matching jerseys. So without further ado.... here's Greg with his "mini me."

No comments:

Post a Comment