LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Veggie Dip & Salsa Roll-Ups

After yesterday's big excitement of Emmaline going pee on the potty, guess what? She did it two more times yesterday! Yes, I'm still a proud mommy! I know it's not going to be that easy the whole way through this potty training journey, but hey I'm going to enjoy the moment. Today so far it's only been one time, but she is still willing to try and sit on there without a diaper. I'm definitely keeping my fingers crossed she keeps it up!

Today I had to go have some blood work done as a follow up to my doctor's appointment last week. My mom came up to watch the kids for a little bit so Greg didn't have to take time off work. I was able to run a couple errands after wards so that was nice to be able to do without kids. While I was gone the kids played outside, Evan showed off his bike riding skills sans training wheels for Grandma. They went for a little walk as well. It was nice to have a little free time even though part of it was spent at the lab getting my arm poked! Thanks Mom for coming up to watch them. I know you're busy getting ready for your trip. She leaves on Friday for Africa which thankfully she got all healed up for in time from her fall back in May.

Tonight we're headed to a dinner party down the street at our friends Nico and Susan's. Looking forward to it. Kids are welcome so it will be all four of us going! I made a nice veggie tray and homemade veggie dip, as well as some salsa roll-ups. I'll have to tell you all about our evening tomorrow. Until then readers, I'm posting a couple recipes here of the veggie dip and roll-ups for your enjoyment should you be in need of some items to make!

Veggie Dill Dip

1/2 cup sour cream (I use reduced fat)
1/2 cup mayo
dill & seasoning salt (use to your desire)

Mix sour cream and mayo in bowl. Sprinkle in dill and seasoning salt to your liking. Voila... veggie dip. Serve with raw veggies- cucumbers, carrots, green peppers, cauliflower, etc. (I add quite a bit of dill to actually get some flavor so don't be afraid to add a lot at first. Taste and if need more keep adding to your desire.)

Salsa Roll-Ups

4 oz. (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.) PHILADELPHIA, 1/3 Less Fat than Cream Cheese, softened
3 Tbsp. TACO BELL® HOME ORIGINALS® Thick 'N Chunky Salsa
4 TACO BELL® HOME ORIGINALS® Flour Tortillas
1/2 cup KRAFT Mexican Style 2% Milk Finely Shredded Four Cheese
1/4 tsp. chili powder
(Of course don't have to use Taco Bell brands. I use Ol' El Paso Thick 'N Chunky Salsa Medium & whatever size tortillas & cheese I have on hand.)

MIX cream cheese and salsa; spread onto tortillas. Top with remaining ingredients.

ROLL up tortillas tightly. Cut each crosswise into slices.

Make Ahead (if prefer)
Prepare roll-ups as directed, but do not cut into slices. Tightly wrap each roll-up in plastic wrap. Refrigerate up to 4 hours. Slice just before serving.

1 comment:

  1. I hope that you are okay health-wise! And your mom is going to Africa - how very exciting! The recipes all look delicious too!

    ReplyDelete