LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Bachelorette Party


Last night I had my girl's night out that I mentioned. My friend Missy is getting married in August and she had her bachelorette party. Her party was at Harper's Restaurant & Brewpub in downtown E. Lansing (formerly, Dooley's when I was in college). Harpers has been open for a little over 10 years I believe. It is quite large inside with ample seating and a large horseshoe shaped bar. There is also patio seating outside when weather permits.

The bachelorette party was actually a spa/dinner/dancing combo. Some of the girls first went to the Douglas J Institute in downtown E. Lansing for manicures and pedicures. I was planning to go get a pedicure until I realized I had the days mixed up. I thought the party was on Saturday, but when I realized it was Friday I didn't have anyone to watch the kids so I opted out on that part and met up with everyone at Harper's afterwards. We had the fireplace room there reserved for us so that was nice to have our own space. Here's the room:

This is my friend Missy. I've known Missy for about a year and a half. She's one of the bunco girls. I met her through my friend Wesley.


There were 11 of us that ended up at Harper's. We lucked out that night because beers and burgers were 1/2 off! (They have different specials every night.) With Harper's being a brewpub in E. Lansing and all, they have several beers on tap that have local names. I had the Spartan Wheat which I had never tried. If you don't know, I'm definitely a beer person. I do like my mixed drinks & frozen daiquiris, but as we all know those are quite pricey when you're out somewhere so beer it is usually for me. The Spartan Wheat was very good. It is a rich flavored, light colored wheat beer. I highly recommend it!

The party was actually pretty tasteful as far as decor and presents go. Missy did get a few "bachelorette type items," but for the most part she got some very nice gifts. Here she is opening the present I got her. I think she liked it, what do you think?


After dinner some of the girls stayed for Mega 80's night. I headed home after dinner and socializing, as it had been a busy week and I was really tired. I ended up having two beers and a burger & fries for dinner and it was only $8.48. A pretty good deal I thought for half off night. It was a good time had by all, and another enjoyable girl's night out! Congrats to Missy on her upcoming nuptials! Here's the whole group with our waiter in his 80's attire.

No comments:

Post a Comment