LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Emme Peed In The Potty!!!

Today before Emme's nap we hit a huge milestone! She went pee in the potty! Woo hoo! We've had the little potty in the bathroom for awhile. Em hasn't shown a whole lot of interest. At least not consistently! Sometimes she just wants to go in and lift the little potty seat up and down. Other times she wants to sit on it with the lid down. When she does sit on the little potty with the lid up, the diaper has to be on. O.k., it's a start I know, but we've gotten nowhere. So today before her nap I went to change her diaper so she was all clean for her nap. Well, her diaper was barely wet and I figured she really didn't need it changed yet. However, this kid I swear pees A LOT! I've never seen such full diapers. She used to pee through her diapers at night and would wake up with soaked jammies and wet sheets. I didn't know what to do. Evan never had that problem. My friend Wesley recommended nighttime diapers because he daughter was having the same problem. So off to the store I went and have been using them for about 6 months at night and they're a lifesaver. For the most part she has woke up with dry jammies. I'm wondering why they just don't make all diapers that absorbent. Oh wait, I know... then you wouldn't have to buy different kinds of diapers and they wouldn't make MORE money! Back to the potty... so since her diaper wasn't very wet was thinking, "She's gonna have to pee soon because she drank a whole cup of propel & a yogurt smoothie at lunch." So I asked her if she wanted to go sit on the potty with her diaper off, and she said, "yes!" So off we went! She sat down and just kept smiling. I'd ask her if she went and she'd say, "no." Then I asked her if she wanted to get up, she'd say, "no." So we sat there and sat there for a little bit. Then I had her get up for a minute to check and low and behold, she had peed in the potty!!!! Oh, a proud mommy moment it was!!! Em was proud too, she was clapping and saying, "yeah!" It was too funny! She got up on the stool after wards and washed her hands like a big girl and was smiling away! Now, I just have to get her to keep being interested and going on there. Oh how no diapers in my future sounds very very good! I think my niece is going to stay with me for a few days after she comes up for Em's party so I'm thinking she'd be good to work with Em on the potty since she was so great with Evan. We were about at a lost cause when potty training Evan, and bless Kaite's heart she worked with him everyday for a week and got him to start using the potty!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Emmaline! Keep up the good work. Hopefully Kaite will be able to keep working on this with you when she comes to visit soon.

    ReplyDelete