LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Let the Birthday Celebration Begin

I'm back, my wonderful readers! I know you missed me lots and lots yesterday. I had good intentions of blogging last night because I did actually get many things accomplished yesterday. The to do list got a few check marks next to some items, however I ended up going grocery shopping last night to get food for the party. I had planned to do my shopping today, but Greg wanted to go to Meijer so I quickly made my grocery list after dinner so we could go. I figured if I was going to have help with the kids going through Meijer, I'd better take. That way I wouldn't have to go at it alone today grocery shopping with two kids. Of course it didn't make the trip to Meijer go any faster. Then we get home after 9pm, I put groceries away, and had to turn around and go back. Greg let Evan put the bread in a plastic bag and they left it. Why I was the one who had to go back, I don't know. Therefore readers, I was unable to blog. The good thing was I did have help with the kids, the bad thing... Meijer had no produce that I needed for the party. It was slim pickins so that means, yes you guessed it, another trip back to the store! Ugh!

Between yesterday and today, I worked non-stop pretty much and made the to do list much smaller! I scrubbed the floors AGAIN, shampooed the couch, fixed the screen AGAIN, got all the laundry done and PUT AWAY (no full laundry baskets in this house-yeah!), cleaned the house, got all the party prep done, AND had a playdate and watched the Bachelorette Tuesday night! Yeah me! It feels really good to have a nice clean house and get so much done, only to have it trashed in two days after the party I know!

Although Emmaline's birthday isn't until Saturday, we started celebrating a little early. Tonight her birthday celebration began with dinner at Outback Steakhouse with Greg's Mom.

Here's the pretty birthday girl!

Em got to open her presents, have a yummy dinner, and got a free birthday dessert! Dinner was delicious, I had the Outback Special- steak, salad, & sweet potato! Mmm Mmm Mmm! Oh how I love a good steak! Em ordered grilled chicken and sweet potato fries. She wasn't much into her dinner besides the fries and bread, and then of course the chocolate sundae! She did eat some of Greg's veggies so that was a plus! The presents however she loved! Here's some pics of Em's early birthday celebration.

Here's some of the clothes Em got! These are from Em's favorite store- Children's Place!
(Brother's going to like me in this orange shirt, his favorite color!)

More clothes! Em can't wait until fall to wear this pretty pink sweater!

Here's Em being oh so lady like eating one of daddy's carrots.
For some reason Em thought she could get comfy at the restaurant.
(I did make her sit up like a lady after I snapped the photo)

So there you have it, one birthday celebration done and more to come! Em loved all the clothes she got! She definitely needs clothes for fall! She also liked her books, crayons, and coloring book! Thanks for a great birthday dinner and presents Ya Ya! We got home from dinner and my sister and niece rolled into town tonight and the kids were in their glory having more attention! Tomorrow we have a fun filled day planned and I've got to get the cake made, probably run to the store for those final few groceries I couldn't get, and do a few last minute items on the to do list. Then we should be all set for the big party day on Saturday! Stay tuned readers... I'll be sure to share all the birthday festivities with you and I still need to tell you about my new exciting adventure! My bed is calling my name now though so until tomorrow, night night!

No comments:

Post a Comment