LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Party Planning, Cleaning, & Other Stuff

Ok, I'm getting some grief from some of you readers... get blogging, get blogging. So here I am! I take a couple days off and apparently I shouldn't of because I'm not hearing the end of it! I did get rested up over the weekend. I actually took a little nap on Sunday. It wasn't very long, maybe a half hour. I didn't get the garage cleaned, and we didn't make it to the Aquatic Center since the weather didn't cooperate. Chilly, chilly! I did get one load of laundry done. Woo hoo! Other than that and running a few errands it wasn't really a very eventful weekend. My wonderful husband shampooed the carpet Sunday night. I had been asking him to do it before Em's party so that is out of the way. Still have a few spots that need to try to get stains out, but the big part is done!

Over the weekend I took Emmaline to Claire's to look at the earrings and make sure they have two people to do both ears at the same time. Em was all excited and I think she thought she was getting her ears pierced that day. She was a little mad at me when we left and no earrings. So I think we're going to give it a whirl and get them done on her birthday weekend. I'm just hoping she stays this excited about it and can sit still when they do it.

We also got some news over the weekend about Evan's preschool and have hit a snafu. (The reason I was ticked off yesterday.) The tuition has gone up which we weren't expecting. So now, as the school year nears, I'm frantically trying to figure out what to do and if he's going to be able to go there. He had a hard time adjusting to being away from Mom & Dad when he first started, last year and finally by second semester he was much better. He really liked school, liked his teacher, and couldn't wait to go back when school was done in April. Now all summer he's been asking when he goes back to school and keep telling him not until September. I know he's going to be bummed if he doesn't get to go back. Hopefully it will all work out. This is the year he needs preschool the most before kindergarten. Unfortunately we can't send him to kindergarten even though he's ready. Since his birthday is December 31st he misses the December 1st cut off date by the state. I'm waiting for a call from the school so we'll see what happens.

This week my goals are to get a majority of the party stuff done and get this house cleaned so I don't have so much to do at the last minute. I've already started working on party stuff. I've come up with a few ideas for the goody bags and the party itself so I'm trying to get things done and out of the way. I'm also working like mad around here to get some long overdue serious cleaning done. I seem to have more ambition to do serious cleaning, (windows, shampooing furniture, organizing, going through piles of papers, that kind of stuff) as opposed to the day to day stuff like vacuuming, bathrooms, etc. when I have people coming over. So far I've accomplished a few things so I'm off to a good start. Now, I just have to keep it up. I'm thinking some of these toys need to go out of the living room though for the next week so I'm not spending all my time cleaning those up everyday and can get to other stuff. Oh how I can't wait for the day when all toys are downstairs and not overtaking my living room!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment