LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

1 Month To Go

It's officially July 1st and that means, one month until my baby girl's 2nd birthday! Is it possible? It can't be! How is my little girl growing up so fast? In preparation for her birthday party I'm still debating on what theme to go with. I thought I had it figured out, but too many options and only one party! Maybe we should just celebrate all month long and have a different theme each week! Just kidding readers, I'm only planning one party!

Last year's birthday theme was pretty easy to decide after I looked through the Birthday Express and Celebrate Express catalogs. I wanted Em's 1st birthday to be different from Evan's 1st birthday. I made a caterpillar cake to resemble the Baby Einstein caterpillar for Evan's 1st birthday. (I'm not sure where the picture of it is right now, but if I find it sometime I'll post it, cute!) So back to Em's, the minute I saw the cupcake party stuff in the catalog, I knew that's what Em's first birthday would be! Too cute and perfect colors, pink and purple for my little Miss Emmaline! Here's a photo of the cupcake party supplies. Cute if you're in need of a theme for a girl's 1st birthday!

For Emmaline's cake I made a big cupcake birthday cake (using the cupcake recipe I recently posted) and ordered cupcakes from Sam's to go with it! I love the whipped frosting that Sam's uses on their cakes and cupcakes! Mmmm! The cake turned out pretty good I thought and the cupcakes went well with it!


Now for the 2nd birthday....what to do what to do! At first I was thinking of Minnie Mouse because of course it's girlie and I found some cute stuff. Then I got to thinking that Em really doesn't watch Minnie Mouse all that much yet and really doesn't even have any Minnie Mouse stuff. So I decided that wouldn't fit her to well. Then I was thinking maybe a beach theme since her birthday is in summer, and there are all sorts of cute beach decorations that I could use. A lot of which I have. The possibilities are endless there. Then the latest theme I'm thinking is a ladybug theme. I've always thought how fun it would be to make a ladybug cake and after all my little girl was a ladybug for Halloween. Plus her room has been decorated in ladybugs ever since she was in my tummy. So I'm thinking this might be the year to throw a ladybug party and maybe next year do the beach theme. Soon she's going to be big enough to pick her own party so if I want to ever squeeze the ladybug theme in then now is probably it! Decisions decisions! I really need to get deciding because if July flies by like June, it will be the big day before I know it!

1 comment:

  1. Wow - that cupcake cake is beautiful! Very well done! I would definitely go with a ladybug theme. All the red and black and polka dots would be a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete