LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Bloom & Gloom

Wow, what a change in weather! Only in Michigan, only in Michigan readers does it go from 90's in summer one week to 60's in summer the next week! Last week I was loving the weather! Hot yes, but I'll take it. This week, not so much, I'll leave it! Greg likes it, but other than that it's for the birds! Where did summer go? Please sunshine come back! The heat and sun was great for my flowers last week. One day in the midst of all that sunshine and heat it was like boom, the flowers bloomed! I just love it! They're so beautiful, if only they'd stay that way all summer. I figured I'd snap a photo of them so when they're done blooming I can go back and look at the photos. Here's one of my daisy bunches and one of the tiger lily bunches! Aren't they beautiful?



These flowers amaze me that they keep getting bigger and bigger every year seeing as we've transplanted them a few times. The daisies I took a small bunch from my mom's about seven years ago, which she had transplanted from a friends house, and planted them at our previous house. Then I transplanted them again three years ago when we moved here. The lilies we also moved from our old house three years ago. There were like two lilies at the time, now there's seven with multiple bunches on them. We have a couple more lilies around the house that have done the same thing. My hydrangeas are about to bloom too so I'll have to snap a picture of those when they do.

However, with the weather this week if it doesn't warm back up they may not be bloomin'! I think I really need those flowers inside instead of out. I've been hibernating for two days and it's driving me nuts! I'm ready to get back outside. Cold and rain are not good at the end of June! It's been two solid days of gloom and it makes me want to curl up on the couch with a blanket and take a nap! While I did lay on the couch for a little bit today, I didn't get a nap. Em was too busy snuggling with me off and on and getting up and down into trouble while we watched Sesame Street! I think the weather is getting to the kids too because Evan is constantly asking when we're going for a walk so he can ride his bike and Em, well let's just say her terrible two's came back yesterday. Into EVERYTHING! She really needs to get outside and play! Here's hoping we see the sun again this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment