LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Friday, June 12, 2009

Garage Sale News Again!

Today I spent a good chunk of the day back outside doing the garage sale. Remember I said after last week I wanted to do the sale again sooner than later? Well, my friend Wesley talked me into doing it today since I already had everything set up. She said she'd watch Em in the morning for me so I could do the sale. So Em got to have another playdate with Chloe today! Thanks, Wes for watching Em for me! You're awesome! Evan stayed with me and hung out in his playroom most of the morning. I told him we'd go for a special treat tonight if he was super good. Then Greg came home at lunch and picked Em up and fed the kids. He had a really busy day at work so I was happy he could make it home for a few so I didn't have to close up. He headed back to work and I put Em down for a nap around 1pm. My little girl rocks because she slept all afternoon for mommy and I was able to keep my sale open. As a matter of fact she's still sleeping and it's 5pm. I think I'm going to have to wake her up so she'll go to bed tonight. Evan played inside for awhile in the afternoon and then he came out and rode his bike for a little bit while I finished up the sale. He was a really good boy too for me today so as promised this morning, we'll be heading to the Tasty Twist tonight for some yummy ice cream!

After a week full of gloomy weather, today was absolutely perfect! It was 75 and sunny. I really lucked out! It was a little cool this morning, but it warmed up fast. So needless to say I was able to work on my tan a little bit more! Today was not nearly as busy as last Friday. The morning was by far better than the afternoon. It was so slow this afternoon and then every time I started to bring things in I would get a few customers. I was glad I hadn't closed up too soon because I decided to pack a few things up and leave the garage open and at the last minute this lady came back that was here this morning and she bought a big item! The Elmo toolbench that didn't sell last week, sold at the last minute today! Yeah, another big item gone! I ended up selling about another $100 today so that was nice. That must be the magic number for 2nd time around on garage sales since that's what my friend Ann made when she did her sale a second time. Today I ended up selling mostly clothes. Both Evan and Em's stuff equally today versus mostly girl one day last week and mostly boys the other. I also got rid of almost all of Evan's shoes. This surprised me because his were worn out much more than Em's. I can't believe most of her shoes didn't sell. They're oh so cute and many like new! Last weekend I forgot to get my outdoor lighted reindeer out for the sale so I brought them up last night to sell today. I figured if they sold good, if not whatever. They're kind of a pain to deal with in the winter so that's why I put them in the sale. Well, they ended up selling so no more reindeer this winter. I'm kind of sad they sold, but oh well $15 more in my pocket!

So my garage sales are done for awhile. While the garage sale merchandise has gone down significantly, there's still a good amount left. Some stuff I will be packing up and hauling to Good Will. Some I will be hauling to the purse guy probably so I can get my new purse. I've got to decide what I want to take to sell at the Mom2Mom sale in July, and then some of the clothes and a few other things I will probably save and possibly do another sale in August sometime. Some of it is just too good to take to Good Will. I'm not ready to depart with it. So now the clean up begins. Probably tomorrow so then we can have the garage back and the kids can get to their toys and we can get our cars back in.

No comments:

Post a Comment