LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Emmaline's Name

This post is going to be about my sweet little girl! I thought it was time I told you a little about how we got her name since I said I was going to about a month ago. It's not that big of a story, but many people ask us when they hear her name how we came up with it. We both wrote up a list of names and I had always liked Emma so it was on my list along with Grace and a few others. Greg had his list too and he had seen the name Emeline in our baby name book so that was on his list. At the time I was pregnant we had known a couple people with babies named Emma. Greg said the name Emma was too common and we should go with Emeline since we had narrowed down our list and I still had Emma, he had Emeline, and we both had Grace. His other choices I didn't care for and vice versa, he didn't care for some of mine. He had played this song for me titled Emaline by Ben Folds Five. I really liked it and then he played another song by them called Gracie. I liked it too. (They're the two songs on my playlist!) We ended up compromising and since I like Emma and he liked Emeline I said how about we go with Emeline, but change the spelling and spell it Emmaline. I figured I would probably end up calling her Emma so that spelling would fit. So if you're not sure how to pronounce it, it's exactly as it sounds.... Emma- line. We both agreed on Grace for the middle name with no problem so there you have it... our little Emmaline Grace.

I know there are some people that don't care for the name, but hey guess what? She's not your kid, sorry! I admit, it had to grow on me, but to this day I'm not the least bit sorry we went with Emmaline instead of Emma! I hear of a lot of Emma's especially Emma Grace's. I love it, the name fits her, and pretty much everyone that's ever heard her name has told me it's very beautiful! We actually were at the Noodle Company one time and someone heard us say her name and turned around and asked us if we called her Emmaline and said her daughter's name was Emmaline and she was like 12 years old. That's the only time we've ever heard her name. As far as calling her Emma though, I don't really. I think I call her everything but Emma. She's pretty much my Emmaline, Em, Emme Gracie, Emmers, Gracie girl, or if she's in trouble Emmaline Grace! Here's a picture of my little girl being good this morning! She was sitting reading all her books as you can see. Don't you love the book in her hand?


Well, that's it for the blogging today because I'm off to pick strawberries and make homemade jam in a little while. There's a few of us that go pick and come back and make jam all night so hopefully we'll have success today. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the rain holds off, at least until we get the strawberries picked and back inside. It was just sprinkling a little bit as I write this, but it stopped and the pavement is already dried up. So wish me luck and I'll tell you all about it tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Emmaline needs a U of M book in her hand. Poor kid, she will learn right from wrong one day. Seeing as you brain washed my kid to like MSU its my turn to pay back. LOL!

    ReplyDelete