LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Happy Anniversary- 8 Years!

Today is our wedding anniversary. It's hard to believe it's been 8 years already. Where does the time go? I knew eight years ago I'd still be married to my best friend, soul mate, and love of my life eight years down the road, but I didn't know I'd have two special children with my wonderful husband. I always dreamed of having children, and after I married Greg I was able to fulfill that dream with two wonderful children! I feel really blessed to have such a wonderful family with Greg, Evan, & Emmaline! My husband is terrific and I'd like to thank him for everything he's done for me and our kids! Thanks honey for taking that step with me and making it official June 23, 2001! I look forward to many many more years together!

Since we couldn't have wedding cake today (bummer), I decided I'd make Greg some homemade "anniversary" cupcakes! I put the flower baking cups to use again. Note to self, spray baking cups when using for cupcakes. Some of the cupcakes stuck a little, the muffins never did. Oh well they still tasted good so that's all that matters. I even made some mini cupcakes for Em. I must say they all turned out good and tasted very yummy! I'll post the recipe soon! You'll never want to use boxed cake mix for cupcakes again! I promise this will be the last picture of the baking cups for awhile. I just love them. They're fun to use!


Greg & I got to go out to dinner by ourselves for our anniversary. Thanks to Greg's mom for watching the kids and thanks for the anniversary present & dinner last night. It's rare with two kids that we go out by ourselves so it was nice for a change, we appreciate it. We only went to Olive Garden, but hey we had a gift card and we hadn't been there for a long time so figured why not. At least we didn't have to sit and cut up the kids food while ours sat and got cold! Dinner was good and of course we couldn't not talk about our kids. After eight years the anniversary excitement really isn't all that I guess because after dinner we went to Target. I know super exciting right. We both needed razors and soap so since we were right there we might as well go I thought. Of course we had to pick up something for the kids. When we got home I told them we had something little for them. Evan got in a chair and covered his eyes, so of course Em had to follow along and do the same thing.

Here they are waiting for their little present
They both got these new plates

We had seen these at Target awhile back and Evan always says his kid plates are old so Daddy picked out his and I picked out Em's. If one has something the other has to have the same thing. They have camping stuff on them so Ev thought that was cool! We also made a Beaner's (oops I mean Biggby, I still call it Beaner's) stop before we picked up the kids and got some iced coffee which hit the spot in the hot weather.

Overall it was a nice anniversary day! Definitely a lot hotter than it was on this day eight years ago! Thanks everyone for the anniversary wishes! We got lots of anniversary wishes on Facebook too so that was nice as well! I'm going to leave you with one more photo. This was my little girl Monday morning...
Apparently she knew that Mommy & Daddy's anniversary was coming up. I swear I had nothing to do with this. She was playing and went over to this table with a picture from our wedding and was looking at it for the longest time. Then she was giving it kisses. As a mom, my heart just melted. It was like she was wishing us a happy anniversary early!

1 comment:

  1. That pic of Em is just too cute looking @ your wedding pic. She must have had her aunts intution.

    ReplyDelete