LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Monday, June 1, 2009

Graduation Open House

I was telling you in the post below what a busy day we had Saturday. If you remember after "Touring the Town" we were off to Grand Rapids for a graduation open house. On our way into town since we were near my mom's we stopped in for a few so she could see the kids since she's unable to travel this way for awhile. Might as well kill two birds with one stone. She had been at my sister's all week so they had just gotten back into town that day. I thought the kids could visit grandma for a few and I'd help my sister do a couple of things around the house so she could get to the party too. I figured it was the least I could do since Jen had mom at her house all week. Thanks, Jen for doing that ALL week! I know it's hard to adjust your lifestyle and with Kaite's softball games and working. Hopefully we'll have some good news that the ankle and wrist are healing well when Mom heads to the doctor on Thursday. She's supposed to get a walking boot so we're all keeping our fingers crossed!

After a brief visit we were off to the graduation party. This was a double high school graduation party for my cousin's kids. This is on my Dad's side of the family. My cousins Dave and Laura's two boys Tyler and Mike graduated from Byron Center High School. I feel old because it seems like just yesterday that I was babysitting Tyler. Oh my gosh where do the years go? I can't believe it's already been 16 years since I graduated from high school. Class of 1993, wooo hooo! Here's a few pictures of the kids at the party.

Em in her pretty purple sundress at the graduation party
Emmaline being not so lady likeEvan and Em talking with Grandpa & Great Uncle Karl
Evan running around at the party

We don't get down my Dad's way (or to GR for that matter) often so we rarely see that extended side of the family (the Sharkey's). As a matter of fact, none of the Sharkey's had ever met Emmaline and she's almost two! While we had a jam packed day Saturday we weren't sure if we'd be able to make the party, but I'm glad we did so everyone could meet Em. It had been way to long since we've seen everyone, and they've only seen Evan a couple of times so it was nice for them to see him again too. I had forgotten that my cousin Joe's birthday is the same day as Em's. Usually Em's a little shy when she's meeting someone for the first time, but she was all over Joe. It must be the shared birthday thing! Intuition! Here she is giving him a kiss.

It was a long day, but we had a great time at the party and catching up with the family. Now that the Sharkey's know about my blog maybe they'll be my newest followers. Hopefully they'll get a chance to read this so they know we really enjoyed the party! Thanks for the invite and yummy food & drinks Dave & Laura! Congrats to the boys and after a couple of years at CC, I'm thinking they should head our way to MSU! Hopefully we'll get to see all the Sharkey's more this summer. Evan wants to head out to Joe & Diane's house if we're down that way to see their horses. Evan even said he'd ride one of the horses so we'll see if that happens. I'll be sure to inform you if and when that happens! Both the kids were exhausted on the way home. Evan chilled listening to his iPod while Em couldn't quite stay awake until we got home! Here's some pics from the car ride home.

Emmaline was pooped on the way home!
Evan letting his sis hold his arm while she sleeps.
He said he was taking care of her like a good big brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment