LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Addendum To The Jam Making

Does the jam need pectin? I recall telling Liana that YES, YES it does! Well, come to find out after my jam sat on the counter at room temp overnight, and I was moving the containers Friday afternoon that I too forgot the pectin step on a batch! So apparently Liana and I were in the same zone Thursday evening because we both forgot the pectin. I thought that it was only fair that I confess my oopsie too and let you all know that Friday afternoon, I was boiling more pectin to fix my batch of pectin free jam! I had a couple containers that had solid sugar on the bottom and pure liquid berries on top. Note to Lisa: ADD 1 BOX OF PECTIN PER BATCH! And to think... we weren't even drinking this year! Ladies, we must have adult beverages next year! Good times, good times! I promise if I give any of you jam, it won't be the messed up batch. Although Liana and I agreed that those batches we fixed will probably stil lbe fine!

So after I remade that batch yesterday, I got the freezer loaded up with all the jam! Then today, I made a strawberry pie and strawberry tarts with the berries I still had. Here they are below, don't they look delicious?


They were quite tasty if I do say so myself! At least the pie was. I haven't had the tarts yet. I gave a few of those away to neighbors, but I'm sure they're yummy too! When I got the pie and tarts done I still had a lot of strawberries left. They weren't going to last too much longer since I had already cleaned them, so guess what? Yes, I made some more jam! I figured we weren't going to eat all the strawberries before they went bad so I might as well not waste them. I whipped up another batch of jam this morning, and YES I added the pectin! LOL! So a couple more containers of jam to add to the rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment