LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Much Better Day

Today was a much better day in the temper tantrum department. Since little Miss Emmaline missed her nap yesterday, she ended up sleeping until 10:30am this morning. I figured I better leave her alone otherwise I'd probably be in for it with the tantrums. She was pretty good when she was up, ate a good lunch which sometimes is a challenge, and went back down for a nap at 2pm. Then she slept until 5:30pm. I know all you mom's that have trouble with naps, don't hate me. By 8:30pm she was ready for bed again! I'm thinking that 7am Monday morning had a lot to do with her tantrums! No temper tantrums today which made for a much more pleasant day, and when I'm not dealing with temper tantrums, guess what? I was able to accomplish a few things today. It felt good to get some things done and I'm hoping for the same tomorrow! I even found some time to finally try out one of my birthday gifts (from March) that my sister gave me. I made some muffins in my new silicone muffin cups. Here's the finished product- banana nut muffins in my cute flower muffin cups!

To go along with my much better day, my sweet, adorable, precious, little Emmaline (she is when she's not throwing tantrums) started calling me Mommy today. Just out of the blue she said Mommy and that's how it went all day. She usually calls me Mama or Mom. It was really cute and sweet. I tried to video her, but of course she didn't want to say it then. It goes something like this... Mommm-eeeee!

In Evan news, after dinner tonight Evan learned how to open the gate we have by the basement stairs and back entry. I've told you how Evan has a big playroom downstairs and he's down there quite often. Well, every time he goes up and down he needs help opening the gate. It can get pretty old pretty fast when it's over and over and over. I try to leave it unlatched if Em is in bed so he can get through, but if she's awake it has to be shut otherwise she tries to go downstairs or in the bathroom. So tonight Evan needed to get through the gate and before one of us could get to it he had it opened! Yeah!!!!! This will make things much easier if he can continue to open it. It's a little tricky, but so far he's doing good. He's a little impatient when someone can't open it right away so I'm looking forward to him getting through on his own from now on!

So that's the big news around here today. I'm looking forward to another good day tomorrow sans temper tantrums and I'm headed to my favorite sandwich place! On Facebook today it was announced that Jimmy John's in Lansing is having $1 subs from 11am-3pm! Woo hoo! It doesn't get any better than that. I'm thinking I may even be able to handle a tantrum if I'm getting JJ's for $1. (But hopefully not!) I think everyone I know around here is going to be at JJ's for lunch tomorrow! It's the big excitement in Lansing for the day! I even had to let my friend Ann know because there's $1 subs at JJ's in Ann Arbor too! Mmmmm, I'm already thinking about what I'm going to get... #4 no sprouts, add cukes! Greg said we should get 20 for that price, but I don't think that's going to happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment