LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Quick Recipe

Here's a quick and easy recipe that I discovered on my friend Ann's blog. I've made it several times and in fact made just last night. It's an easy go to recipe if your stuck on what to make for dinner and it tastes really good! Usually I have all the ingredients on hand and it's simple to prepare.

Tater-Topped Casserole

Prep: 15 min. | Total: 1 hour
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
1 lb. ground beef
1 small onion, finely chopped (Greg doesn't like onions, so I skipped this ingredient!)
1 can (10 3/4 oz.) condensed cream of mushroom soup (regular or reduced fat soup)
1/4 cup milk
1 cup frozen mixed vegetables (can put in more if prefer a little more)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I've also used colby jack when didn't have cheddar on hand, & I usually use more than a cup. You can never have too much cheese!)
1 lb. (1/2 of 32 oz. pkg.) frozen bite-size seasoned potato nuggets (tater tots)

Brown meat with onions in skillet, stirring occasionally; drain. Spoon into an 11x7 size dish. Mix soup and milk; pour over meat mixture. Top with layers of mixed vegetables, cheese and potatoes. Bake 45 min. or until potatoes are golden brown and casserole is heated through.

Makes about 6 servings.

* I switch it up occasionally and use turkey burger instead of ground beef!

No comments:

Post a Comment