LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Friday, June 19, 2009

Good Deals

Yesterday turned out to be a great day for a good deal! The kids and I headed to Jimmy John's for our $1 subs. We got there right about 11am when it started and there was already a line!


Evan says, "We're not standing in that line!" So we drove to the other one, but that line was even longer and the parking isn't good by that one. So we ended up going back to the first one we were at. We did stand in line, but it only took 15 minutes so that wasn't too bad. However, their slogan is "Subs so fast you'll freak" so I'm thinking now maybe that was a little long. LOL! Anyway, we took the subs to go and headed home. On the way home, I heard on the radio that the Tim Horton's down the road from us was giving away free iced lattes. So since I was passing right by there on my way home we whipped through the drive thru to get my free iced latte. I chose the butter caramel and it was yummy! Then we got home and ate our subs, well at least the kids did. I opened mine up and wouldn't you know it, they made it wrong. I was so ticked after standing in that line. So I called them up. They said if brought it back they would remake. I didn't really want to go back out, but since Greg wasn't home for lunch he was going to have his JJ's for dinner, and I didn't know what the rest of us would have. So figured I'll go back and while I was there get a few more subs since the guy told me I didn't have to stand in line. We headed back, got the sub remade, and ordered a couple more for dinner and the manager gave me 3 more subs for FREE! I guess it was worth the trip back then. So it was a day of JJ's for lunch and dinner! We also headed back to Tim Horton's when Greg got home from work because he wanted to try the iced latte too. Greg and Evan rode their bikes there which Evan thought was so cool! We tried chocolate, mint, and butter caramel again. The butter caramel is the best in my opinion.

Emmaline continued to be good yesterday and I was able to get a lot of laundry and some cleaning done. She did however tear the screen again. I don't think she was trying to be naughty. She just wanted out on the deck, I heard the screen door shut, ran into the dining room, and she was out on the deck heading down the stairs. Damn, she's fast! It was like a matter of seconds. I'm guessing she kind of pushed the screen then opened the door. So needless to say, the screen needs a fixing again. I guess I'm going to have to lock the screen door too. Yesterday, I also was excited about using my flower cupcake holders again so I made more muffins! This time mixed berry! These one's looked really pretty with the colored specks in the flower cupcake holders.


The kids love muffins so I'm sure I'll be getting a lot of use out of the cupcake holders now that I've taken them out of the package!

No comments:

Post a Comment