LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Confession Of A Mom

Today was another day of visiting my "second home," Meijers. I knew this trip to the grocery store was going to be at least a good hour. I was hauling along two kids so that always takes a little extra time, and it had been awhile since I did a big shopping trip. I've been for a few things here and there, but finally it was time to do the big shopping trip where the grocery cart is pretty much overloaded. Plus Meijer has a lot of $1.00 items this week and if you get 10 for $10.00 the 11th item is free. So definitely a good time to stock up on some much needed items- macaroni and cheese, ground turkey, baggies, etc.

So I'm moving along through the store picking up the things on my list. Em is sitting in the top of the cart and Evan is walking along side. We've been in the store about a half hour and the cart is getting pretty full by now. Lots of 10 for 10 items! I stop to grab some bread and go to put it in the cart, and I discover that Em's hand is wet, her belly is a little wet, and there's some drops on the seat. I'm thinking her cup is sitting next to her in the cart empty so she couldn't have spilled her drink. I just changed her diaper before we left so she can't be that wet. So I'm looking to see if she grabbed something and it's leaking. Nope. So I go to lift her up and she starts peeing out the top of her diaper AND it's running down her leg. Good grief, I'm in the middle of Meijer with a cart full of groceries, two kids, and this is happening!

So now I'm frantic because I don't have any extra clothes for her with me in the diaper bag. I immediately grab the wipes and start soaking stuff up. Then I lift her all the way out of the cart and I'm thinking what am I going to do. I'm way across the store from the bathroom, I still have shopping to do, and if I try to make it to the bathroom her shorts are going to be soaked. So what do I do? Here comes my confession.... I whip off her shorts with her standing in the aisle and change her diaper right then and there! I know, I can't believe it either, but what was a mom to do? There was nobody in the aisle that we were in thankfully, so I figured it was semi okay. The bad news, my poor little girl had her diaper changed in the middle of Meijer. The good news, nobody was around, and I saved the shorts from getting wet pretty much except a little spot at the top by the button.

So after that we did finish up our shopping in a little over an hour. Of course Meijer being Meijer they were out of a lot of the things in their ad. That always makes me mad, and when it was time to checkout the lines were long. I thought I had a lot of stuff, but the couple in front of me had two very full grocery carts. They must have had like 15-20 bags filled and their grocery bill was $460! I sure hope they were having a big party or they only shop once every two months! I thought my $100 bill was bad, but not after seeing that!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I love it. Sylvia had a diaper pee-out the other day too which surprised the heck out of me. Normally, she is the queen of diaper blow-outs! Luckily for me, we were home and not in the middle of Meijer.

    ReplyDelete