LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Monday, June 22, 2009

A Fun In The Sun Filled Weekend Part 1

I mentioned yesterday that we had a busy weekend! It started off with a car ride to my sister's on Saturday. We got there shortly before lunch time so once we got the car unloaded and settled in for a little bit we headed to Chick-Fil-A for lunch. I don't think I've told you, but I LOVE Chick-Fil-A! My Dad got us started on that when we were kids! I'm so sad that we don't have it here by us. We don't get it often so if we're by my sister's we try to go if time permits! So Saturday was one of those days! It was definitely a yummy lunch! Then we stopped by for a short visit to Papa & Nana's before Kaite's softball game. Evan had to show Grandpa that he brought his fishing pole! We spent a little bit of time outside and Emmaline was enjoying the lake. We don't get down there often so everything seems new to her again! Here's a couple of my favorite shots of the kids!
The kids checking out the lake!
Emmaline flying in the air!

That afternoon Kaite (my niece) had a softball game. It was hot, but I thought since we never get to see her games we'd go for a little bit. Well, it ended up just being Evan & I that went because are you ready for this.... Emmaline fell asleep and took a nap somewhere besides home! I couldn't believe it. She grabbed a pillow and layed down on the floor and soon after she was out. I had to take a picture to remember this because it's not often she'll nap somewhere else!

Kaite's team won their game 15-4 so that was awesome! Evan had fun watching her play although it was super hot! She scored two runs so way to go Kaite bug!!! Here she is running into home, it's not the best picture, but she's in the green shirt.
Saturday evening we grilled out at my sister's and Evan was excited to play with the neighbor girl Maci. Plus they have drums in their basement so after dinner Evan was itchin' to get over there and play some rock n' band music. While dinner was cooking I took the kids for a couple tractor rides in the backyard & I managed to get the grass cut for my sister. I like to ride the tractor around so I figured I'd cut the grass at the same time. Riding on the tractor reminded me of when I was little. My Grandpa would always take my sister and I for tractor rides. There's not a whole lot to do in Michiana so tractor rides it is! Greg also drove the kids around on the tractor so here's a few shots I snapped!

Evan was ecstatic to go to the neighbors and play the drums. I can't believe how much into the drums this kids is. Not to mention it looks like his sister is right behind him. She had a blast playing the drums too! I think they could have their own little band! Here's a couple videos of them playing the drums. It really is too cute!






That was our busy Saturday. This is getting long so Sunday is up in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment