LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Where Is My Week Going?

Well, here it is Tuesday night and I feel like this week is quickly slipping away from me. Before I know it the weekend will be here, and I've got stuff to do. I haven't gotten anything done around the house for two days. Yesterday I had two kids awake at 7am. Not a good thing! Em played in bed for an hour until 8am when I got her up and I should've just left her because it was downhill from there. First she threw her English muffin on the floor after only eating a couple bites. Then she took her cereal and was dropping it piece by piece on the floor so the dog could eat it. Then when I wouldn't let her do that she just dumped the whole bowl. In between all this she's throwing temper tantrums. By 9am I had enough of the naughty Emmaline so she was back up to bed. She slept for about an hour and a half. She woke up a little better until her and her brother got together and then I had two naughty kids. Too much to write about, but one thing involved the screen door. About a month ago Molly went through the bottom of our screen going out to the deck. I fixed it and since them Em has torn it a few times. I keep refixing it, and yesterday I ended up fixing the screen FOUR times! It's on its last straw, and I think I am too! If it happens again I think it's going to need a new screen! It's about beyond repair stage! Grrrrrr! So needless to say, I got nothing accomplished in the morning with naughty kids.

Then while Em took her nap in the afternoon, I spent all afternoon on the phone with insurance companies. Our insurance went up so I had been calling around trying to find a cheaper rate. Well, I did and was all set to switch. Then I call to cancel our current carrier and they suddenly can give us a better rate. Go figure! I had called them two times previously and guess what? Nope, they couldn't do any better for us. Then a week later they can. Why didn't they just tell me they could the first time and I wouldn't have wasted so much time calling or emailing other places. Insurance companies are a PAIN! So needless to say, I got nothing accomplished in the afternoon, but talking to insurance companies. Lovely!

Today, I was on the road at 9am to head to Grand Rapids to do some things for my mom. She's still layed up from her fall Mother's Day weekend and can't drive. Greg's mom took the kids for the day, which I was thankful for because it would've made for a very long day trying to run all these errands and do things around the house for my mom with two kids in tow. Hopefully, only a couple more weeks and she'll be back in full swing. She is moving a little better thanks to physical therapy. We're all keeping our fingers crossed that the healing is going as planned, as I'm sure she is! So needless to say, I got nothing accomplished today since I was gone all day. I got stuff accomplished for my mom, but that doesn't count for my to do list here. I developed a headache mid afternoon that hasn't stopped yet so I was good for nothing tonight to do anything. We did sneak in a little walk, but not for long because Emmaline hadn't napped all day since she wasn't at home. She was tired and ended up throwing another, yes ANOTHER tantrum while we were on our walk. So I'm off to bed in hopes that I don't have this headache when I wake up because I have got to get some things done!

A quick happy note: Greg took Evan back out to Sleepy Hollow (where they went camping), Monday night to ride the bike trails. Evan rode without his training wheels this time and from what I heard, he did awesome! He was riding that trail like a true bike rider and rode over branches and through all the dirt. He didn't even fall! He had a blast and before they even got buckled in the car to leave Evan was asking when they could go back! I'm only sad that I didn't see him. Em and I stayed home. We had mommy daughter time and went for a walk and played outside for a little bit. Then when it was time to pick up and go in.... yes, she threw ANOTHER temper tantrum!

No comments:

Post a Comment