LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Productive or Unproductive

I'm trying to decide if my weekend was very productive or not. I'm thinking it was about 50/50. Friday evening after my garage sale we did head to the Tasty Twist. It definitely hit the spot after a hot day out in the sun! My friend Wes and her daughter Chloe went with us too. That was about all I had the energy for because I was tired when we got home. I'm thinking it must be all the sun that made me tired because sitting in a garage all day really isn't hard work!

Saturday I felt was pretty much a wasted day! I hate at the end of a day when you feel like, "I wished I would've done this and this and this." The weather was crappy to begin with so it was one of those days that you feel like just taking a nap. I didn't, but wished I had since I didn't get anything productive done! It was gloomy and chilly, then the sun would come out and warm up, then a few sprinkles, then chilly, then the sun back out, over and over, and over. There was yard work to be done, but the way the weather was I knew if I started I wouldn't get very far. I did cut Evan's hair that morning, finally. I kept saying I was going to do it and then haven't so I was glad I actually got that done because that was about the only productive thing I did.

So instead of doing anything around the house we decided to go to garage sales. Yes, I said WE! Greg and the kids, and I all went. Evan just went to one sale with us and then we dropped him off at his Ya Ya's (Greg's mom's) for the afternoon and to spend the night. So then it was just the three of us. Greg had seen a garage sale advertised on craigslist that was selling camping stuff so we thought we'd check it out. Of course nothing good left by the time we got there so no camping stuff for us. We ended up hitting a few sales and spending a total of $2. Greg got two cd's and I got a utensil holder/vase for the kitchen. It goes with a bowl I have so I figured for $1 what the heck. I was shocked that Greg actually went to garage sales with me. I hardly ever go to garage sales, and Greg has NEVER gone to a garage sale besides our own. He didn't even complain once! Here's my big purchase:

So by the time we got home it was Em's nap time. I should've been cleaning up my garage sale stuff while she was sleeping, but I didn't. Then after dinner the three of us went for a walk. Saturday was Relay For Life (an event to raise money for Cancer) at the Soccer Complex down the road from us. We decided to head that way on our walk because a few of our friends were involved in it. We ended up staying longer than we thought so by the time we got home Em was more than ready for bed. I think next year we may sign up for it. It's a cause that hits very close to home for us since Greg's Dad passed away from Cancer and so have several of our grandparents. I was glad we stopped over there because the rest of our day I felt was very unproductive!

Today however I felt much better about. Greg went for a ride this morning and I got to look at the Sunday ads before three days into the week which is usually what happens lately. After he got home we ran a couple errands, came home and got Em down for a nap since she fell asleep in the car. I guess Target wore her out because this is how she ended up as we got close to home...

and here's another shot

So while she napped we both headed out to do some much needed yard work. We got the grass cut, trimmed, fertilized, and patched the spots we're still trying to repair from our mole last year. I also fertilized the plants and we got the lawn watered. I also worked on packing up some of the sale stuff. So I felt like today was much more productive than yesterday which I'm glad. Otherwise I would've felt like the whole weekend was wasted, and I hate when that happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment