LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Quiche

Tonight for dinner I decided to do breakfast for dinner. I've been wanting to make a quiche so I thought I'd give it a whirl for dinner. Sometimes breakfast for dinner sounds good! I searched quiche recipes online and found one on cooks.com (I find some good recipes there) that sounded good and changed it a little to fit our likings. So here's my version of the recipe.

Sausage, Mushroom, & Cheddar Quiche

1 pie shell/quiche shell (I used a frozen pie crust)
1 lb. pork sausage (I used a roll of Bob Evan's sausage)
4oz. can of mushrooms
1 tsp. parsley
1 Tablespoon flour
1/8 tsp. salt
pepper to taste
1 cup cheddar cheese (more if you prefer & could use whatever kind- colby jack, sharp cheddar, etc.)
1 cup milk
2 eggs

(It also called for 1/2 cup chopped onion & 1/4 cup chopped green pepper which I didn't put in because Greg doesn't like onion, and I didn't have a green pepper otherwise I would've added the pepper.)

Cook sausage until browned. Drain grease. Combine with mushrooms, parsley, salt, pepper, and flour, mix well. Spoon into pie shell or quiche shell and top with cheese. Combine milk and eggs, beating just until foamy. Pour evenly over cheese & sausage mixture. Bake in 325 degree oven for 50 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned and quiche is set. Serves 6.


It turned out pretty good for my first quiche. However, the crust was slightly doughy in the middle, but still tasted pretty good. I think next time I would cook the crust a little before I filled it. For maybe like 5-10 minutes. The cheese was browning on top so I figured it was done and the quiche was set so didn't want to leave in longer. Evan was funny when we were eating dinner, he kept saying, "Is this breakfast or dinner, dinner or breakfast?"

A note to my fun fact a the bottom of my previous post; a new fact even better than that... today at 12:34 and 56 seconds it was 12:34:56 07/08/09. Pretty neat again, huh? My mom heard that on the nightly news. It only happens once a century they said on the news. I say twice a century if you count a.m. and p.m.

1 comment:

  1. This looks really good. I'm going to have to make it sometime - I love quiche!

    ReplyDelete