LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Friday, July 3, 2009

Unbunco

Last night was girl's night out again. My friend Kelly hosted bunco this time or should I say unbunco. The evite was titled "Possibly Unbunco" and if we had too many people we'd just eat, drink, and hang out chattin'. It ended up that we didn't have too many girls, but not enough. Only eight of us showed up for most of the night and one more later on. While we could've played with nine and added "ghost players," we all got into chatting so much that we ended up not playing bunco. There was a lot of the night spent talking about babies and labor stories. Two of my friends, Becky who I knew was pregnant for awhile, and Wesley who recently announced she was pregnant, got us all talking about pregnancy, labor, delivery, and babies! A lot of different labor stories between all of us! I missed playing Bunco and winning big, but it was also nice to have a girl's night and just catch up with each other and chat the night away. We had good food and drinks to go along with it so nothing to complain about here! We ended up just rafflling off our prizes we brought so we each got something. I came home with another candle this time. It's pineapple mango scented and smells wonderful, can't wait to burn it. The candle has a "good fortune" tag on it as well so I'm thinking should have good fortune in my future! Thanks Kelly for a nice evening with the girls! I'm including a recipe for the chicken dip that I made to take to bunco. It's a super easy appetizer if you are in need of something fast to make.

Chicken Dip
1 can of chicken (5 oz or 12.5 oz.)
1- 8 0z. block cream cheese (I use 1/3 less fat)
1 cup Hellman's mayo
2 TBLS lemon juice

Mix above ingredients with hand mixer in bowl. Bake @ 325 degrees for 20-25min. Serve warm with crackers or tortilla chips. (I usually use triscuits or club crackers.) I also serve in a mini crock pot to keep warm. I usually use the small can of chicken, but this time I only had the big can on hand. I put part of the can in and then decided to put it all in. It still tastes the same, just a little more chicken if you prefer more chicken in it so either size works well.


As the 4th of July weekend is upon us it's nice to have Greg home an extra day this week. No big plans for us here. Many people are off to their cottage or family's cottage, but nobody in our family has a cottage so we're out of luck! I did get my hair cut this morning so that was nice to have that done! It's a lot shorter, but I like it! Thanks, Becky for getting me in this holiday weekend! I was beginning to think this morning that the weather was going to warm up like it's supposed to, but nope the sun is disappearing and the wind is picking up. So our plans for the aquatic center this weekend may be on hold AGAIN! Hopefully we'll catch some fireworks this weekend and be able to cookout!

No comments:

Post a Comment