LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Procrastination Is Getting The Best Of Me

Here it is Tuesday of the week of the big party, and my to do list seems to be getting bigger instead of smaller. Ugh! I was off to a good start last week and then I don't know what happened... kids, Facebook, blog, Evan's school time, Facebook, running errands, watching the Bachelorette last night, playdates, Facebook, oh damn Facebook... you get it. Doing everything else, but what I should be. Well, at least not doing as much of what I should be and putting things off. Now, my wonderful readers, I think procrastination is getting the best of me. My goal is to have everything done I need done for the party- cleaning, party stuff, grocery shopping by Thursday before my niece and sister get here. That means I only have two days left, hold on....ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Friday is fully booked as I've got Em's two year pictures, then if weather permits we're finally going to the Aquatic Center, then we have big plans for Emmaline Friday night (more on this later), and I've got a cake to make on Friday. So you see, the list must be completed by Thursday or I'm going to be running around here Saturday morning like a chicken with its head cut off before the party! So of course what do I do? I sit here and blog to you all about it instead of doing my to do list! I think I'm in trouble. I did make some progress today, more than yesterday. However, the list isn't in the trash yet, and unless it is crumpled up and thrown away, that means I still have stuff to do. I'm thinking maybe it's time to go back to the college days and pull a few all nighters, yeah right I don't think so. I need my sleep! So neighbors if you don't see me out for walks the next few nights you know why, I'm busy inside the house and not able to enjoy the nice weather outside the house. I'm hoping by tomorrow evening I can tell you faithful readers (the one's that read EVERY day) that I've made huge progress between now and then. Keep your fingers crossed...however, The Bachelorette After The Final Rose is on tonight. I know, I know, I shouldn't be watching it and should be working, but I promise I'll fold laundry or something as I'm watching! For those of you who don't know, I'm a huge Bachelor/Bachelorette fan and tonight is the last show so it's a must!

So if you don't hear from me tomorrow, it's because I'm frantically trying to get things done. Hopefully you will though because I have a new and exciting adventure to share with you! Until then, I've added a new blog feature that I think you may find helpful. It's under the "Fun Facts Of The Week" and the new feature is a Search Box, it's titled "Search This Blog." On Blogger you can add different "gadgets" to your blog such as slideshows, text, pictures, videos, etc. This gadget is a new gadget. I'm not sure how new because I haven't added any gadgets recently, but it still says "new" in the gadget section so I'm guessing it's fairly new. From this search box you can search through my blog for a certain subject instead of having to look through all the blog archives from each month. So for instance, say you wanted to go back and read something about "bunco," type in "bunco" in the search box and it will give you a list of any blog posts that I talked about bunco. Pretty neat and a very quick way to find something your looking for from a past post. When you do a search and the results appear, there are three tabs that will pop up at the top. One is "This Blog," the other is "Linked From Here," and the third is "The Web." If you click on the "Linked From Here" it will show you results of pages I've linked to from my blog posts. If there is not link for something you've searched for in the search box, it will say "No Result." It's pretty straight forward and easy to use. "The Web" tab will give you results of anything on the Web of course that relates to your search! So no more hunting and digging through my blog for something you read and want to go back and find again! Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Well I have an idea... how about a little less facebook & skip the playdates this wk. Em will have plenty of time to play @ her bday party. Yes please make sure everything is done by Thurs before we arrive. LOL. Mayb let the shows go for a few days as well. I know I do.

    ReplyDelete