LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Back To School Shopping

It rained AGAIN today and that meant not being able to get outside. The grass is getting so long and really needs to get cut, but that's not happening until it dries up a little. So what to do, what to do? Evan decided that he wanted to go to lunch with YaYa. So Greg said Evan would have to call her and see if she was busy or not. She said that was fine and we met her at Ruby Tuesday's in Okemos because we had some errands to run that way. Now that it's cold in August, we had to pull the jeans out for the kids and Evan's only got one good pair with no holes. So I wanted to go to Target to get him some new jeans for school (and to wear now if it doesn't warm up soon) so we figured we'd just eat lunch out that way. We had a good lunch. I had the soup and salad bar. They have a really good salad bar there and the soup hit the spot on this dreary cold day.

When we got to lunch Evan got some money from YaYa to go school clothes shopping. What a nice surprise and we really appreciated it! Thanks YaYa! Ruby Tuesday's is in the mall so after we ate we walked down to Children's Place to see what school clothes we could find. Evan tried on some things and ended up with an armful of stuff. We found a couple things for Em too. Greg's mom told Evan to keep the money to get stuff at Target or wherever else and bought all this stuff for him at Children's Place.


I can see my little guy looking so handsome at school in all his new clothes! Of course he had to have something orange and something with a guitar on it! He's been wanting new underwear forever and since we didn't make it to the outlet mall last weekend where I told him I'd get him some, he found some here he liked! Here's a couple things Em got.


I've had my eye on this shirt for her, but was waiting for it to go on sale. Today it was on sale! Woo hoo! I've also been wanting these tights to go with that cute dress she got on her birthday from my friend Wes. I was waiting for them to go on sale too, and today they were on sale too! Woo hoo! Since brother got some underwear, Em got some too. It was cheaper to get two packs than one, and I had planned to get some for her last weekend as well, but like I said, never made it to the outlet mall.

We did head over to Target after the mall. They were a little picked over in Evan's sizes, but since it was a madhouse in there with everyone back to school shopping it was understandable. We did find another pair of jeans and will probably head to Kohl's to look for a few more things sometime. The kids are sure to get some good use out of their new clothes! Thanks Ya Ya!

In other news.... I guess we were all tired this morning because Greg, Evan, and I didn't wake up until 9:30am! I can't believe I slept that late. I was actually going to get up before everyone so I could get caught up on the blogs, but I guess sleep got the best of me! Em must had been trying to catch up on some lost sleep as well because she didn't wake up until just after 10:30am! Of course that messed up her schedule and nap time and since we were gone shopping all afternoon she didn't go down for nap until 4:30pm and slept until 7:30pm. That meant she was up until 10pm! Ugh! I'm going to have to wake her up at a decent time tomorrow though so she can have an early nap because we're off to see Sesame Street tomorrow afternoon!!! Yeah!!!

After I woke up and got ready, I checked my Mega Millions lotto ticket and guess what folks? No unfortunately I wasn't in NY or CA to purchase the winning tickets so I didn't walk away with the $333 million jackpot, but I did have three numbers so that meant I won $7! Exciting huh? Well, actually it is because the most I ever win when I play once in a blue moon is usually $1 or nothing. I picked all our birthdays and our anniversary for the five numbers and Evan picked a number for the Mega ball number. So we had 1, 17, & 31. Apparently there should be a 37th and 54th of the month so Greg could've been born then and we could've gotten married on the other. And Evan should've picked his birth date (31) instead of 5 for the mega ball and we would've won big and I would've shared with all of you. However, that didn't happen so it's back to the drawing board and wait until the Mega Millions climbs to a big amount again and I'll try to get the winning ticket next time. Can you imagine? What a cool blog that would be to blog about! LOL! Since I won $7 and spent $2 on the ticket that meant I was up $5, but then I lost $5 at bunco so that means I broke even!

No comments:

Post a Comment