LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Monday, August 3, 2009

A Very Productive Day!

Wow, it's amazing what can be done when I don't have to little kids to tend to all day long! Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my kids and doing things with them, but it does hinder my ability to get things done at times. Since my niece, Katie (she's 13) is staying with me for a few days this week, I've got an extra pair of hands. Definitely what I need, four hands instead of two! The day started out with my friend Carla coming over this morning and helping me wash windows. Carla had my name for the Time Bank so she had to help me with something for an hour like I helped my friend Susan last week. I chose to have her help me wash the windows because they really needed it. I had done the downstairs in the spring, but had never made it upstairs to wash all those. It was looking like rain before Carla got here so I was thinking we might not get much of the window washing done, but it held off and we got all the windows washed! Woo Hoo! We just did the inside of the windows, however our windows pop open so you can wash part of the outside from the inside. They all look nice and it feels really good to have the windows done! Thanks Carla for all your help! It was nice to catch up and chat too!

The afternoon brought about more work! Since I have my extra pair of hands this week, I figured I better get some things done. So the long awaited basement project that I've been dreading and dreading finally got tackled today. For those of you that haven't seen our basement, most of it is finished and the living room part of it is Evan's big play room. Then we have a bedroom and bathroom and this little unfinished part that is the storage area. Most of that area is taken up by the furnace and hot water heater so the space is pretty cramped. However, it does hold a lot of stuff for such a small area somehow! It's basically a catch all for anything that's going to go into a garage sale, isn't being used, or is being stored. It's been a mess for a long time now and just keeps getting worse! I figured since Kaite is here I'd have her help Ev with "school time" while Em was napping and I'd work on the basement. So off to the basement I went at 1:30pm and started tackling the mess! Kaite worked with Evan a lot during "school time" and I plugged away at organizing, throwing away, moving stuff, etc. When Kaite and Ev finished with "school time" they came downstairs and bless her little heart... she started cleaning up Ev's toys and organizing them in the bins. I kept working on my part, and when I finished I helped Kaite with the toys and play area. When all was said and done, we ended up with two bags for another garage sale, a bag of clothes for my friend Marie, a HUGE stack of empty boxes to take to recycle, (which Greg took after dinner) thanks hon, and a bag of trash! The basement looks fantastic and it felt really really good to get that done and be very productive! It was just one of those things where you just have to do it instead of thinking about it, and once you get started you don't want to stop until it's done! We finished at about 5pm, and guess what? Emmaline napped the whole time, but the last 10 minutes! How awesome is that? Long nap for Em, Ev had "school time," and the basement got cleaned!

It was a great cleaning day in the Kohuth household and now I'm anxious to see what else I can get accomplished this week with my extra set of hands! Thanks Kaite for ALL your help! I really appreciate it! You rock! Tomorrow Em has her two year check up and keep your fingers crossed readers... we're going to attempt a trip to the Aquatic Center! Hopefully I'll have some good swimming blog to share with you! Until then, enjoy the rest of your night unless you're in bed already!

No comments:

Post a Comment