LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The Students Are Back!!!!!

This morning the kids and I headed downtown E. Lansing to the bookstores. Evan has outgrown his MSU t-shirt from last year, not to mention it's got a hole in it, so I wanted to see if I could find him a new one. It's finally football season Saturday so he needs to be ready for the game. It's definitely a different atmosphere heading towards downtown E.L. and going down the main drag- Grand River! The fraternity and sorority houses had their lawns filled with students drinking, and the sidewalks were packed on Grand River. Life has been revived in East Lansing after a quiet summer with students gone. It definitely looked like school was going to start because the bookstores were full and all the students are back!

We headed into a couple bookstores and one of the main stores, SBS had the local radio station broadcasting in front of it. They were having a drawing for a giveaway and handing out stickers. Of course Evan & Em needed stickers. The DJ asked Evan his name and where he was from so he could give a shout out to him on the radio! Evan thought it was pretty cool!

After a few stores, I did find Evan a t-shirt and I got Em a cute green and white bow for her hair to go with her cheerleader outfit! Evan was having a blast in the stores checking out everything and saying "Go Green Go White!" Em saw the Spartan logo and was saying "Spartans!" Too cute readers! I've got my kids well trained! Evan found this Spartan helmet he loved and was wearing it around and carrying a football. I was ready to leave and he said, "Wait mom, I have to do one more thing." He starts saying, "Rah team fight, Go Michigan State," and running around with the football and then says, "Touchdown MSU!" These two college girls were walking by and they're like, "That is soooo cute!" That's my Evan getting the girls attention again! Here's my little Spartan guy in his helmet with the football.


After we got home and I got Em down for a nap, I got some much needed outside work done! The grass in the backyard was becoming a jungle after all the rain we had so it was definitely time to cut it. I was going to do it yesterday, but I thought it would still be a little wet. Well, I was right because today it was still wet! I did get it cut though, but not without almost running over a few frogs! I don't know if I've mentioned it, but we often find frogs in the backyard and then Greg tries to catch them in a bucket and returns them to the pond by our neighbors house. I'm guessing with all the rain and the grass being long and wet the frogs were liking it because I saw four of them! Although they were small, they kept startling me when they would jump right in front of the lawn mower. I was beginning to think we were going to have frog legs for dinner!

I was about to head inside after I cut the grass, but Evan wanted to play some more outside. So I told him he could for a few more minutes. While he was playing I decided to do some much needed work on the disaster in the garage! It's been getting messier and messier since I had my garage sale. Not only do I still have tubs of stuff sitting in the garage because I keep thinking I'm going to do one more sale, but the kids had toys all over, and there's bikes everywhere. Just a big mess. Well, folks once I started I was on a mission to finish! Evan was more than happy to stay outside, and I worked away like a busy little bee. I needed to get to a couple tables so we can use them for our block party this weekend. Once I got one cleared off, I get going and going and made some huge progress. I got all but one small pile done, swept the whole garage out, and filled the trunk of Greg's car with a bunch of boxes for recycle. It looks like a whole new garage and I need to get my bike and the bike trailer moved to the one side and I can finally get my car back in the garage! Now, I just need to work on the inside of the house. The papers and magazines are piling up again, as is the laundry. I got two of my Uppercase Living orders this week so now I have all my sample stuff to put together and work on. I'm off to do some of that now. It's so fun to put the expressions on things and see what I can create!

No comments:

Post a Comment