LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Happy Fall!

Today is officially the first day of fall, so happy fall everyone! It's the day of the year when we get equal parts of daylight and darkness. It's the day that is marked as the Autumnal Equinox, the sun crosses directly over the equator, and the earth doesn't tilt away from nor towards the sun, it's vertical! It's from this point forward that the days get shorter. The amount of daylight decreases and we see more dark than light. The autumnal equinox officially takes place at 5:18pm EDT, so hello fall, welcome today! Many people believe that at that time you can balance an egg on one end because gravity will be balanced. Is there any truth to this? I've never tried it, but many say there's no truth to it, and in fact with careful practice and some patience and egg can be balanced any day of the year!

As I become older, I've realized that as much as I hate for summer to come to an end, I really do like fall. I think fall is moving right up there with summer as my favorite season. The two might be about equal now. There's something about this time of the year that is pleasantly enjoyable! While I don't like that it gets dark so early, I do like many other parts of fall. The weather is usually enjoyable, the colors of the trees are absolutely beautiful, it's cider & donut time, it's football season, the fall decor is beautiful with pumpkins, gourds, leaves, etc. It's the time of year to take kids to the corn mazes and cider mill. It really is a beautiful time of year in Michigan, and I just love the colors on campus this time of year. I'm looking forward to heading to campus some weekend and taking some fall pictures of the kids!

As you can see from my fact today, my daughter slept until 11:30am. I heard her early this morning, but then she went back to sleep. I went in to get her around 10am and she was sleeping hard. I figured I'd let her sleep because she won't get a nap until late today because I've got library duty at Evan's school. So hopefully she'll be a happy camper and will be well rested for our afternoon at school. Now the question is, will she still take a nap late this afternoon. We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment