LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

I'm On Overload

Do you ever feel like some days whip by and you don't even know where they went to? Then there are days that just drag on forever and seem like they're never going to end. Well, for about the last month or probably more I feel like these days have been whipping by. I would like to have one of those days that drags on forever or at least just slows down! How the heck is it the middle of September already? Seriously, July flew by, then August flew by (basically the summer flew by), and now September is going to be over before we know it! Our weekends have been jam packed lately and now it seems like the weekdays are becoming the same way. Two weekends have flown by in September and we've had something going every weekend and these last two weekends aren't going to be any different! More on that in a minute.

Here it is Wednesday already and I can't believe it. It's been another busy week and yesterday ended up being a jam packed day. I was going non-stop for almost 6 hours with two kids in tow part of the time, and Em in tow the whole time. Back up a couple days to Sunday, and this is why yesterday ended up being unexpectedly busy. Sunday afternoon while we were at the Music School we noticed that Em's earlobe looked a little infected around her earring. When we got home we went to clean it right away and it wasn't a little infected, it was A LOT infected. I'll spare you the gross details, but it wasn't pretty. I'm not sure what happened because she had a bath that morning and it was fine, then she took a nap and we went to the Music School. Anyway, after almost losing the earring in her lobe and a ton of blood, I got the earring out. I cleaned the ear several times and the earring, put Neosporin on it, and finally later that night got the earring back in. So Monday I called the doctor just to see if there was something else I should do. I didn't really know if I should leave the earring out or keep it in. The nurse thought she should come in Tuesday to see the doctor. So while, I already had a semi busy Tuesday planned, now I had to add a doctor's appointment on top of it.

So now back to yesterday. I had to take her to the doctor in the morning which ended up taking awhile because it always takes awhile at the doctor's office. You end up waiting longer than you're actually in seeing the doctor! When we finally go out of there, it was after noon and I didn't have much time to go home and get Evan lunch and to school on time. So we made a drive thru run at McDonald's and ate in the car on the way to school. After dropping Evan off at school, Em and I had to run to Target and pick up a prescription the doctor gave her for her ear. We had just enough time to get to Target and back to school by 2pm so I could do library cart for the afternoon classes. This was the first day of library for the kiddos so they were super excited! Em made herself right at home in the classrooms (of course) and was a busy little bee doing things the kids were doing. After an hour at school getting the library cart done, I had to run to City Hall to fill out the entry form and release forms for the photos I submitted for the contest. By the time I finished that, there wasn't enough time to go home before picking up Evan. So we headed back by school to wait until school was out. Finally by the time we got home after 4pm, I was exhausted and Em finally got a nap. What a day! Hauling a two year old in and out of the car and up and down the stairs at school is tiring! Thank goodness it was pizza night for the school and I didn't have to cook dinner! For all you locals, if you want a night free from cooking, order pizza from Marcos (on Lake Lansing/Abbott) every third Tuesday of the month. Tell them your with the MSU CDL (even if you're not) and 15% of your purchase goes to the CDL Parent Council. You're helping out a great organization, AND you don't have to cook dinner!

I sure would like to think the rest of the week is going to slow down, but I know it's not going to. We're heading south this weekend for the MSU-ND game that I mentioned a couple days ago so that means I have to do laundry and pack between tomorrow and Friday so we're all ready to go on Friday after Greg gets out of work. Plus I'm going to have another go at a garage sale next week so that means I need to start getting everything set up tomorrow and Friday since the weekend is shot. Then I'll have a couple days next week to finish up if need be.

The garage sale is going to be next Thursday and Friday and possibly part of Saturday. So that's sure to take up a few days. Then next Sunday Em has a playdate. Awhile back I thought it was probably time to start the playdates up again since we've taken a little break over the summer. However instead of a playdate at the house, I've planned a playdate outside while the weather is still somewhat decent. I thought it would be fun for Em and her friends (siblings & dads can come too) to go to the cider mill and go on a wagon ride to the pumpkin patch and do a maze. Hopefully, the weather will cooperate! So there's the rest of our September! I feel like it's already October after having just talked about all that! The good news is that Em's ear is already looking better and with the prescription it seems to have healed tremendously overnight! I definitely feel like I'm on overload, and look forward to some nice relaxing family time just staying home whenever that may be!

No comments:

Post a Comment