LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

First Day Of Preschool on 09/09/09

The first day of preschool finally arrived! How cool that it fell on 09/09/09! Evan goes to a preschool in E. Lansing and it's the same preschool he went to last year. There is a morning session and an afternoon session for Evan's age. Evan attends the afternoon session which goes from 1-4pm, Monday-Thursday. He actually has the same teacher again, but there will be different student teachers. The school is affiliated with MSU so many of the child development and elementary education students from MSU do teaching for their classes at Evan's school. We were really pleased with the school last year and knew we wanted him to go to the same place again this year. So this was like round two of going off to preschool.

Here's my little guy last year on the first day...

...here's my little guy (not so little anymore) before we left for school today!

Emme wanted in on the picture too!

Last year was Evan's first time being away from home when he headed off to preschool. He had never been in daycare so we thought it was time to get him adjusted to being away from mom all the time. He had a hard time at first, missing mom & dad for the first few weeks, and at various times throughout the year. So as the school year was approaching this year, I was keeping my fingers crossed that he would do fine. Yesterday when we were at school he kept telling me, "I'm going to miss you." That made me think he was going to have a hard time today when we got to school. Evan wanted both Greg and I to take him today. Usually just one of us drops him off. Since it was the first day though we agreed and we both took him, along with Em too! Here's some more pics from before we left.

A kiss for brother to send him on his way...

...and a hug, "I'll miss you brother!"

Bye!

At Evan's school they have a circle drive where you just pull up and they unload and load your child from the car. It's very nice, especially in the winter time! So we got there a few minutes early because I wanted to take some pictures, but after the pictures we got back in the car so Evan was ready to get out of the car when his teacher came out. In the past when we've sat in the car waiting for him to get out he starts to get sad and begins the "I'll miss you." Today Evan was super excited and couldn't wait to get out! I feared there would be tears and he'd be crying when the time came to get out, but I'm so proud of my little guy.... he didn't cry at all and was happy, and said "Bye, I'll see you at 4 o'clock mom" and off he went. No looking back. He was definitely ready for school. There were no tears from Evan, but as mommy drove away I had a few tears myself! I don't know what I'm going to do when he's off to kindergarten next year all day! Here's some pics of my cute little guy that we took at the school.

In front of the playground that he just couldn't wait to go play on!

I'm a proud momma of this little guy!

When I picked Evan up, he said he had a great day, met lots of new friends, and the only things he could remember that they did was read a book about his teacher Ms. Schulze and do crafts with scissors. I expected him not to remember to much or at least be able to tell me too much because it was the first day and most kids are a little overwhelmed from everything! I'm excited for his last year of preschool and the exciting things he's going to learn. Watching him grow throughout the year is going to be awesome! I also look forward to getting in the classroom to volunteer. The school asks that parents volunteer at least three times per year if possible. That's always a fun time for me being in the education field and being able to see the kids learning different things! Mom's super proud of you Evan and I look forward to seeing the different things you do come home in your backpack! I can't wait for a new painting to hang in the kitchen! We all love you bunches Ev, and we know you're going to have a great year in school!

No comments:

Post a Comment