LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Friday, September 4, 2009

It's College Football Time!!!

Yes folks, it's finally that time of the year! College football is underway! I absolutely love this time of year when football is in full swing. Besides March Madness time, the college football season is one of my favorite sports time of the year. Whether it's watching at a game or watching on t.v., I love fall football Saturdays! This is also another reason I love living in East Lansing. The University right down the road, the fans, the MSU flags flying, the Green & White spirit, and the football games! In case you haven't figured it out my dear readers... I LOVE football! I actually like football more than my husband does... more than most women do... more than some men! It's been something I've loved since I was a kid and still to this day do. I remember my college days and post college days like it was yesterday going to football games and tailgating. Fun times! Nothing wrong with drinking beer and grilling burgers at 8am on a Saturday morning, right? I used to have season tickets with a group of friends, but after I got married I gave them up. Greg used to always have to work the games, and then some of my friends started having kids, and then I started having kids so it came to a point where many of us couldn't really make many games. I do miss those days though! Hopefully some day down the road we'll have season tickets.

Some women probably think I'm crazy for liking football so much, but oh well. I don't think it's ever going to change. I could watch football all day long on Saturdays (and sometimes I do). I'm a die hard Spartan fan and I bleed green and white. Whether they're winning or losing, I will always cheer my Spartans on! I'm really excited for this football season and I think (at least I'm hoping and keeping my fingers crossed) the Spartans are going to have a pretty good season. I'm also excited to see my little Spartan buddies this year cheer on the Green & White! For a little guy, Evan's a huge Spartan fan and I just love that he gets so excited singing parts of the Fight Song. And this year my dear readers, my sweet little Emmaline has learned to say GO GREEN! GO WHITE! GO SPARTANS! just in time for football season! I'm going to try to video her doing it sometime because it really is the cutest thing. Even if you're not a Spartan fan, you would think it's cute!

So tomorrow my beloved Spartans will be hitting the turf here in East Lansing and all of us around here are hoping for a win. MSU plays MSU! How funny is that? MSU (Michigan State University) is playing Montana State University. In honor of my Spartans I'm writing this post in Green! Go Green, Go White, Fight, Fight, Fight!

In other news around here today, we hit the road on another shopping expedition. Greg started his long holiday weekend today with a day off. We headed back to HomeGoods in Brighton and then to the Outlet Mall in Howell. I had a couple things to return from my previous trip to HomeGoods so since it was not far from Howell we swung by there first. Of course I had to look around and see what was new, and I found Emmaline a Halloween costume. I really had no idea what she'd be this year, but when I found the costume and tried it on her I couldn't resist. I can't tell you what it is because it's a surprise, but come Halloween time you'll find out! There's a slight possibility that I'll come across something else between now and October 31st, but unless it's absolutely irresistible, I think she'll be what I found today. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that it will fit her by then because it just fits now, but they didn't have a bigger size so I went with what they had.

After our trip to HomeGoods, we headed to Howell and had some lunch and did some more shopping. We stopped at this place called Tomato Brothers for lunch. Our friends the Marr's introduced us to this place a couple years ago when we went to the Outlet Mall. For those of you not familiar with Howell, there really isn't much around the Outlet Mall. The options of places to eat are slim so when we heard of this place we were glad to know it was there! This place is down the road a little bit from the mall and they have good food! The breadsticks and garlic cheese dip are the best. If you're ever in Howell, I highly recommend it! Here's the restaurant.


After lunch, we did some shopping at Children's Place and Old Navy. I used up my $20 certificate and then some at Children's Place and found the kids some clothes. Then we headed to Old Navy and did some more school clothes shopping for Evan and the rest of us even found a couple things. They were having a huge sale and had 40% off almost everything. I got a cute hoodie for like $8. I found some much needed shoes for Em and Greg got a couple shirts. I think we're all done school shopping for now. Evan will need a couple pair of shoes probably later in the fall & when winter comes, but I haven't really found anything I like yet so we'll keep looking. We must of wore the kids out shopping because this is what the car ride home looked like.

One kid sleeping...

...two kids sleeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment