LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Little Miss Betty Crocker

This morning I went to the grocery store, and after spending another $100 I figured I was going to have a little fun in the kitchen when I got home. Today is our neighbor friend Rich's birthday. Rich & his wife Liana have been known to bring us some goodies on our birthdays and we've been known to drop off some goodies on their birthdays. So I figured I'd better play the role of Little Miss Betty Crocker today and whip something up to take over later on. First I started out by making an apple pie. It's that time of year right folks? Now that September has hit things like apple cider, donuts, apples, & apple pie all sound good. Not to mention the fact that a baking apple pie makes the house smell mmm mmm good! Here's my finished pie!


I'm not the greatest on designs on the top of the crust, but all that matters is the taste, right? Well, so far anytime I've made an apple pie I've gotten rave reviews. So hopefully this one will be the same.

After the pie came out of the oven I whipped up some cookies. Awhile back, my friend Dawn gave me a recipe for Cake Mix Cookies. They're so simple and more than likely you have everything right in the cupboard to make them at anytime. Here's the recipe:

Cake Mix Cookies

1 box cake mix, any flavor

1/3 cup milk

1/4 cup butter, softened not melted

1 egg

1 cup chocolate chips (or M&M's or peanut butter chips ....)

Mix and spoon onto ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake at 375 for 11 - 13 minutes.

** Try different combinations such as yellow cake and chocolate chips .... or chocolate cake and M&M's .... or spice cake and butterscotch chips .... or strawberry cake and chocolate chips... the possibilities are endless!

Today I used a yellow cake mix. I put chocolate chips in half the batter and M&M's in the other half. I don't have a picture to show you right now because my camera died right after I took the pie picture. So I'll be heading over to the Marr household tonight to deliver some pie and cookies! Of course we'll be enjoying some here tonight too!

Oh and a FYI- I don't have a special Apple Pie recipe so I didn't post it. I just use the one out of the Betty Crocker cookbook.

No comments:

Post a Comment