LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Garage Sale #3

Today marks my third garage sale of the year. I haven't had a sale on a Thursday so thought I'd give it a whirl and do Thursday and Friday instead of Friday and Saturday. After all, Saturday is football day and I have to cheer on my Spartans. I'm officially over the loss from last weekend. It's time to move on and hope for the best as the Big Ten season gets underway! Anyway, back to the sale news. The morning didn't start off too bad, but then it slowed down. It went in spurts most of the day. The afternoon was pretty dead. Here's hoping tomorrow is a lot better because as we all know garage sales are a lot of work! Today wasn't bad, but not great! The pricing, setting up, organizing, etc. takes time and I'm hoping I didn't do it all a third time for nothing. Although most of the stuff was priced from my earlier sales. I just had to price the new clothes I added that I had cleaned out of the closets, plus a few random items that apparently lost their sticker in between packing up before and putting back out. So overall, the pricing was minimal, the most time consuming part was setting it all out in an organized way.

My mom came to help me with the kids and the sale so for lunch today I tried something new. My friend Ann posted a recipe last week on her blog for Chicken Caesar Wraps which sounded really good to me. Since Greg doesn't like any kind of salad stuff, I thought today would be the perfect time to try them since my mom was here. They were absolutely delicious! I can see myself making them again in the near future. So fast, easy, and tasty! My kind of recipe! So Ann, I'm stealing your recipe and posting it on my blog too because I feel it's a worthy recipe to share!


Chicken Caesar Wraps

Prep 10 minutes | Makes 4 servings

3 cups shredded romaine lettuce
2 cups chopped cooked chicken
4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled (I used the bacon bits in a bag that you find in the salad aisle at the grocery store)
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup croutons (buy the small ones or break up larger ones)
1/2 cup classic Caesar dressing
4 flour tortillas (8 inch)

Place the first 5 ingredients in large bowl. Add dressing; toss lightly. Spoon onto tortillas; roll up.

The recipe also suggests that you could make this using ranch dressing instead of Caesar if you wanted. And they recommend wrapping the tortillas in paper towels and microwaving them on high 30 seconds or just until warm to make the tortillas easier to roll and avoid cracking. I also poked a toothpick in mine to hold them together until it was time to eat them.

If you're making for just a couple people just halve the recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment