LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Monday, September 28, 2009

The Boys Went Camping

As I mentioned the other day, the boys went camping on Saturday. It was sort of a last minute thing that Greg had talked about with our neighbor Rich the week before. Then it got put aside, and Friday Greg talked to Rich again and the camping idea was on again. Greg and Evan were going to go Friday night, but after working late, Greg decided to wait and go Saturday which worked out much better. The boys headed out Saturday afternoon. Greg was going to wait until the game was over, but decided otherwise when the Spartans weren't looking good.

They went back to Sleepy Hollow where they went on their first camping expedition back in May. Evan was really excited to go back there! I wasn't really sure if it was the best idea since Evan had a little cold, but they wanted to go so I was outvoted. Rich and his daughter Veronica were there with another guy and his daughter so they all hung out together and went fishing, biking, and ate around the campfire. Here's some of the pictures from their fun night of camping!

First things first, they got the tent set up right away! I'm not sure what the look is on Ev's face, but I do know I told him and Greg to make sure Evan had his coat on because it was chilly and of course he doesn't! Boys, men, they never listen!

Of course what did Evan want to do the most? Ride his bike! So here he is in the tent getting all geared up! That boy loves to have his bike clothes on like Daddy!

And he's off into the woods! (Woo Hoo they remembered the coat this time!)

A little iPod time before bed!

I think this shot was taken for me. "Yes, Daddy is letting me go to bed with chocolate all over my face!"

They made this banana dessert over the campfire that Evan said was really good. It was a banana cut open in the peel with peanut butter chips and chocolate pieces, and marshmallows. You put all the toppings on the banana, wrap it up in foil and put over the fire and then eat it right out of the peel. Sounds yummy. Makes me want to go camping! Well, not quite yet. The sleeping on the hard ground didn't sound too appealing!

Here's Evan cooking the pancakes Sunday morning. Greg said he did a great job flipping them!

The boys had a good time and Evan was sure to tell me all about it. He really likes camping with Daddy. It's definitely the last time for the year since I'm sure there's not too many warm days left. I know Evan's looking forward to more camping next year! Maybe I'll go next year, we'll see! And of course now today guess who is sick even more? Yes, my little guy has a cough and runny nose! I kept him home from school today so he wouldn't get worse or get the kids at school sick.

I'll leave you with one of the videos that Greg took of Evan when they were out on the trails riding bikes. I can't believe my kid is riding up and down these hills with no fear at four years old! Way to go Ev! Mommy is super proud of you, as I know Daddy is too! You've done so great on your bike throughout the summer after learning to ride without training wheels, and keep getting better! Awesome job!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like Ev had fun camping. Great job on the bike riding too. U rock!

    ReplyDelete